Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Cool I have a slow 3.5 lol but when I'm done moding I wanna see if I can keep up with a stock ss and one day I'll try a moded ss but I need a turbo or supercharger for that lol but it will be fun just to try for the hell of it

·
Super Moderator
12,434 Posts
By the time you spend all of the $$$ for all of the upgrades to your 3.5, you could have just bought an SS! :)

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was gonna buy a ss at the time but the job I had at the time I couldn't afford one and I couldn't get enough on the trade in value for the ss they was just all around out my budget range at the time

·
Registered
743 Posts
Oh yea ik but I don't plan on trading it in but next time I buy a impala it's gonna be the 2015 chevy ss v8
thats not a impala, its a chevy SS, nothing to do with a impala.
if you going to trade in your car why bother doing that huge list of modification you have planned? seem pointless.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well when I typed in 2015 impala ss that's what came up lol it may not say impala but it is the ss impala of the 2015

·
Super Moderator
12,434 Posts
No it's the 2015 impala ss lol and I'm not trading it in I'm keeping my 08 impala
As far as I know, there is no such thing as a 2015 "Impala SS"...

I'm assuming that you mean the 2015 "Chevy SS"?

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,122 Posts

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
But they're completely different cars.... one is v8 rwd with optional manual trans, the other is v6 fwd and auto only. And they don't even look the same either....

·
Registered
743 Posts
But they're completely different cars.... one is v8 rwd with optional manual trans, the other is v6 fwd and auto only. And they don't even look the same either....
exactly.:beer:

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is more to it though than just the name and how it looks, which is what these guys are saying...

Speaking as the ambassador of the Holden crowd and co-founder of the Chicago Holden Connection that is a group of Holden sourced vehicles. Those being GTO's, G8's, SS's, and Caprice's.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I gotta agree with these guys - definitely not related to the Impala. Just because it looks similar doesn't make it the same car - that's like calling an old turn of the century Sebring a Camaro because it looks similar. Not at all the same car, and just as the Camaro owner would take offense, so should an SS owner if somebody called his car an Impala.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Call me slow as I'm still learning are the gear ratio and time chains the same thing cuz I'm doing a regrinded camshaft and I know I'm going to need to adjust the timing

·
Registered
743 Posts
No they are 2 completely different things.. and way more then just timing will be need to be changed in your tune for a cam

·
Registered
292 Posts
Someone on here told me I think the stock rockers will be fine to use on the regrind Mike from mizlymotorsports told me he could do my regrind and let me know the specs for custom length push rods I'm going to need

·
Registered
743 Posts
idk about 3.5l but 3.8l does not need new pushrods, stock ones are fine

21 - 40 of 51 Posts