Impala Forums banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
What i have noticed with these door blenders, when they fail and start clicking, if you leave the car out in freezing weather, for some reason it will cause them to turn on and start clicking. I know this because i witnessed it the next day when i picked up my car from where i left it the previous night and it was clicking before i even turned the car on. I'm not sure if its all the door blenders that does this but the one on the left passenger side does.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys, realize this is a pretty dead thread, but it helped me fix the ticking noise that started in my car last night. Just wanted to update info about the ac delco actuators. The one I picked up today (Part 15-74122) is made in Korea. The original I pulled out was made in China.

So while I'm sure the gears are still plastic maybe it'll be slightly better plastic. hah

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help! I just changed my clicking actuator. It was causing my AC TO NOT THROW OUT COLD air.. As soon as I fixed it, I changed the fuse and then turned on the car and it was still clicking! I soon noticed it was the actuator that was closest to the front, the visible one, that was clicking as well. then, the sound went away and then my AC started working again soon after. Husband left to so and in his way there, 40 miles later, he said it has started clicking again and AC is throwing hot air. Help!

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
I've read that after you replace these, that you are supposed to drain power from the car to have it re-calibrate the actuator.... Not sure if that is true or not - you might want to try disconnecting the battery cables and hold the cables together (while not connected to the battery!) for a few seconds to drain power from the system. Maybe see if that helps?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Drivers side actuator that controls the temperature just started clicking on my 2010 Impala. Local repair shop quoted a price of $600 to replace. They said they have to remove the speedometer to get to the actuator.

Any suggestions on how to reach the one on the drivers side, other than crawling under the dashboard? Anybody try removing the speedometer or the radio?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Any suggestions on how to reach the one on the drivers side, other than crawling under the dashboard? Anybody try removing the speedometer or the radio?
I've replaced these. The part is less than 40 bucks (online). It takes less than an hour to do, but the only way I know to do it is get on your back under the dash. Never tried taking the speedo out to do this, and I'm not sure it would help.

Doug

·
Registered
1 Posts
part number for screws?

Am I the first person to drop and lose one of the screws while replacing? I can't find the part number anywhere!
They have a thread like a drywall screw, but a stubby end and flat head.
Can anyone help? They are shown in the drawing on page 3, but no part number...Thanks!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Am I the first person to drop and lose one of the screws while replacing? I can't find the part number anywhere!
They have a thread like a drywall screw, but a stubby end and flat head.
Can anyone help? They are shown in the drawing on page 3, but no part number...Thanks!
No part number for you, but you could try taking one out and seeing if you could match it up to anything sold at a local hardware store. Sounds like the same type of screws for plastic parts mounted in various computer printers regularly. Also probably could go to the dealer and see if they would have 2 spares (in case you drop and loose another one.)

Of course if it is metallic- a good magnetic screw driver is first tool to try. If it is aluminium screw you are out of luck with magnetic tip, but you can try a bit of sticky material like putty for putting posters on the wall or even silly putty to hold the screw on the screw driver.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried replacing my door actuator on the right side in my 07 I was able to remove the old one FINALLY after a bit of struggle,when I plugged the new one in it doesn't cycle the door, what do I do now? Do I need a door actuator, my heat works in my car without it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Part numbers?

Are all four actuators the same part number? Or does anyone have the other part number?
This is the one i have 604-108

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
^ No. The Dorman #604-108 (AC Delco #15-74122) is the lh/rh blend door actuators (temp) and is also used for the recirc actuator. The mode (vent) actuator is different. AC Delco #15-74123.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hate bringing this topic up again, but need some help that I think is close to this. I have the '08 Impala SS. When putting the temp controls all the way up for heat, I get heat from the passenger side. And cool air from the driver's side. The A/C works fine on both sides. I have replaced the blend door actuator on the driver's side to the right of the steering column. I also replaced the one behind the glove box to the left. Still the same thing happens. Is there another one to try? Is there any chance it can be the temp control itself on the console? Much thanks.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hello, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues... I am almost sure I have an Idea of what is going on..... Sadly your not going to be to happy to hear how to fix it lol

First there are a few or a couple of different companies that make these.. I am afraid to say that you have one that is running backwards from your STOCK motor...

If you have your old motor still you can take it and with a Grease Pen mark a spot.. Then take out the one that seems to be not working right also set a mark with a Grease pen so you can clearly see the top... Now with a Bench battery or your cars battery take a apply power to the one that was in your car when it worked.. It should move lets say to the RIGHT... Now take then one that isn't working right and apply power to it and if I am correct it will run the wrong way. Now in my case I thought I would open the old one and see how it was connected inside and found that it was made in China and uses a Thin metal lead that would make it hard to change out the 2 pins.. However When I opened the other one seeing it wasn't working and the thing states if it was installed there is no returns so worse case I was going to have to buy a new one anyway.. The good news was it was a Korean made unit that was built in a way that I was able to Remove the wire an change the way they were running. Now it works great....

I am not 100% sure this is the Problem with your system. I only can state what I have had to do and hope that you are able to to do the same... I know this isn't an easy Install an Removal but if you have one of the Korean made ones and they are still made as mine was then it will be easy with a Solder iron or Pen to make the change and make it work right...

Hope this Helps If it didn't help you hope someone with this issue finds this helpful

James

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had actually put the old actuator back in on the driver's side. I did that since the same issue was happening with the new or old one in. I wake up this morning and am now getting heat from both sides. I get off of work about 5pm and the driver's side (old actuator in) actuator starts clicking. I say the hell with it and put the new one in when I get home from work. Still getting heat from both sides and no clicking sound. So I think I am good to go there. I do have another question for ya tho. The defrost vent. It is about 18 inches or so. One large vent in the center of the dash. When I put the knob to defrost, I get good air from the middle all the way to the right. Which would be the passenger side of course. But from the middle to the left, driver's side, I only get about half of the air coming out. No air comes out from the large vent at the very left of it. Any ideas on that by chance ?? Getting air out of about 3/4 of the large defrost vent. Much thanks for reply. And for any further assistance you can give.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I am not sure really. I know there are 4 total motors that can be replaced. 3 are easier then the one that is in the center of the dash. Sadly mine in the center is starting to act up. As the other 3 I just replaced a few months ago. I am sure someone will have better info on the matter.

Sent from my LG-VS450PP using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 84 Posts