Impala Forums banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Temp valve #1574122 and mode #1573516
Sorry about that - I didn't check that on Rockauto today. It appears that 1574122 is an even newer part replacement. It gibes with 1573517 in that part numbers 15844096 and 22754988 are listed alongside 1574122. So I'm confident that's a good fit.

BTW, on these kinda things, I usually check the local parts stores, too. Sometimes postage eats up the savings of mail-order. I see a Dorman at OReillys for 36 bucks. But, in that case, I'd go with the ACDelco at Rockauto instead.

Doug

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
Ok good to hear they are the same bcuz I only found the parts on rockauto. I heard about dorman not meeting the oem specs so I will stick will acdelco. I checked many local parts store like autozone and napa and they said they dont have it,that it might be a dealer part. So I will get it from rock auto for sure.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
If you read up on other peoples experiences here, you wouldn't be looking at the dorman anyway. 9/10 times they start clicking immediately.

·
Registered
4 Posts
this video helped me big time to get rid of that wood pecker on crack! would love to buy this guy a beer. those of you out there with the same problem just pray its not the actuator on the drivers side. all you unlucky bastards like me, your best bet is to lay down on the seat with your head pretty much on the gas pedal and feet up with the seat leaned all the way back. also the socket you need is 5.5mm which i got at home depot for a couple bucks. buy the acdelco actuator, not the dorman brand. got mine off rockauto.com cheaper than anywhere local.

2006 Chevy Impala SS Blend Door actuator changeout - Ticking/Clacking fix - YouTube

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have this same issue right now. So I'm dealing with The blend door and my power locks right now. Chevy sure know how to make em dont they! My main concern is finding out how to stop all that damn rattling up front.

·
Registered
954 Posts
DtownImp, I'm available if you would like Customer Service to step in at any point and follow up with your dealer on your behalf. Feel free to contact me via private message at any point in the process!

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
1 Posts
2006 Impala Actuators

Hi - new here, found this forum online - my mom has a 2006 Impala with just about 30,000 miles on it. She started hearing this clicking noise and of course went to the dealer who told her it was the actuator problem and the repair could be up to $450. From reading the postings on this problem, I see it's not unusual, and the part is so cheap that it might just happen again.
The big question I have that I haven't seen addressed is the following - the guy at the dealer told her that the clicking might not stop when she stops the car and it would drain her battery, so now she is afraid to drive the car, because she thinks the battery is going to go dead.
This sounded like a load of crap to me but is it true? It seems to me she could live with the clicking but the dealer guy, seeing an older lady alone with her car, got her all outdone about the battery issue.
Would appreciate all input! (And is there anyone in the Detroit NW suburbs area who can replace the part more cheaply?)
THANKS!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
From my experience, the clicking only lasts a minute or two. It will stop on it's own and WILL NOT drain the battery, it's a simple fix. Unplug it and unbolt it, line up the new one and bolt it/ plug it back in. Took me roughly 30 minutes to do both driver and passenger actuators.

·
Registered
761 Posts
The one i previously replaced started doing it again, and when i went to replace it one of the bolts was stripped. I've been thinking about how to get it out for the past couple of months lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the best video i have found on replacing the actuators. I have 2 clicking in my 09 LT. They have been clicking for several months. Took my car to the dealership for a estimate and was quoted $1,100:yikes: (the passenger side $300 and the driver side $800.)total for repairing and was also told the dash had to come out and it was a 2 day job:WTF: liar! I was also told that i had 3 actuators total which I recently found out I had 4 or 5, No way was and am I going to pay that much and not have a car to drive for 2 days! I lucked up and found this video and I am so glad I did. I had already found the parts on autozone.com priced at $25-$30. This video is very informative. :clap::clap::clap::clap:
2006 Chevy Impala SS Blend Door actuator changeout - Ticking/Clacking fix - YouTube

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went through 3 of 4 door lock actuators a couple of years ago on our 08 Impala, and posted the repair process on the forum. Now it's on to the vent actuators. At the end of last winter, my daughter noted that even if she left her car warming up 20 minutes, when she got in the defroster had not been defrosting the windshield and only started blowing hot as she drove. Before I had a chance to look into that, the issue was overcome by Spring. Then last month, clicking ensued and it was the blend door actuator above the glovebox to the right. I just swapped it out today with a Dorman and it is no longer clicking. Can I expect this will fix the warmup issue she observed or might that require one of the other actuators? The car is a dual-zone, so I have four actuators. Not clear to me why any of the actuators would work differently with the car in motion vs. parked. Might I also have a marginal battery and at idle the voltage is too low to run the actuators?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Not an actuator problem, that's low coolant. Might want to take care of that sooner than later.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not an actuator problem, that's low coolant. Might want to take care of that sooner than later.
Yes, it was low on coolant though not sure yet whether that fixes the issue in cold weather. My daughter mentioned hearing clicking again too, so another (or the same) actuator may be failing. What is it with these crappy Impalas? First three door lock actuators, then had to do an actuator on the tranny, now vent actuators. POS

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Having no hot air unless moving can only be a low coolant issue, as long as your coolant level is good and the air bubbles are out, I can assure you that issue is resolved. The clicking however, is going to be a actuator.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Having no hot air unless moving can only be a low coolant issue, as long as your coolant level is good and the air bubbles are out, I can assure you that issue is resolved. The clicking however, is going to be a actuator.

Got an AC Delco one ordered ($25 from Rock Auto). Hopefully will last longer than the week the knock-off did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 07 impala and for almost 2 years now it sounds like a knocking coming from my dash when I cut my air off! Now my heat does not work! It will warm up a little bit and last for about 30 seconds- 2 minutes and then go back to cold air. We added antifreeze and it still did not fix the problem. Do any of y'all think the actuator is the problem or have any other ideas as to what it could be? Thanks so much for the help!

·
Registered
430 Posts
These GM HVAC actuators are Chinese made substandard quality parts with plastic gears in them. I took one that was clicking apart and found one broken tooth on one of the plastic gears. That's all it takes to make this thing click and malfunction.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Ford bda's have the same problem with the plastic gears stripping. After replacing 2-3 actuators, one frustrated Ford forum member, with too much time on his hands, disassembled the bda and sourced the correct sized metal gears from Hobby Lobby or the like, lol.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts