Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
So mines brushed aluminum then? Did you choose the wood or got it used?
I originally wanted the wood grain. I actually argued with a salesmen at the fact they came with wood grain. Him and his manager pretty much called me a liar, so I pulled out the trusty smart-phone and showed them NUMEROUS pics before I told them to eat dick and left.

I really like the wood grain for the first 3.5yrs, but I've grown tired of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
is it the same part number for all four actuators? when i do a search i'm finding two different part numbers: 64-108 and 64-107

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just to continue with the muck...

07's in fact did come with wood grain. It was the first year offered, and the 06's came with brushed aluminum and the other years came with the techno metallic BS.

To muck it up even further, my 2006 SS has the wood grain too:) I know it's cheap plastic, but I like the look of it.

As far as the last poster, not sure if they are separate parts or not...

·
Registered
954 Posts
Hi Syks,

If your question is still unresolved, then please feel free to DM me anytime and let me know if you'd like me to check my internal GM resources. (I would need the last eight of your VIN to be able to research on your behalf.)

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
913 Posts
is it the same part number for all four actuators? when i do a search i'm finding two different part numbers: 64-108 and 64-107
I know that 3 are the same and have the same PN, but I've been told the 4th is different with a different PN. Since I've never changed it, I can't tell you 100%.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replacement air inlet actuator different clicking!

I know this thread is a bit old but I was wondering if i could get some help. The actuator on the passenger side behind the glove box (the one on the far right, air inlet actuator i believe) of my impala started clicking like i've commonly seen around the web so i decided to swap it out. Problem is that when i put in the replacement, it starts making different clicking noise (much faster) and it makes it when I turn it to the inside air. I put in the old one and it didnt make that noise, just the one that it had been previously making. I hope i made sense and any help/comments are greatly appreciated! thanks!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
What brand did you get? People tend to have problems with the aftermarket actuators right out of the box, you have to get the AC Delco ones if you want them to work right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
RockAuto now has ACDelco part # 1573517 and 1573516 for about $25 & 27... only question is, which one is right for my '11 LT...:dizzy::hope:

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
if this makes anybody feel any better, I recently discovered that the blend door actuator problem is not limited to Impalas. I have the same exact issue, currently, in my Lincoln..... thankfully, covered under warranty. It is funny, this is the first issue I've had with the car since I bought it. And, I never had a blend door actuato problem in the Impala, even though it is one of the most common issues.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Seems to be a common issue with GM, ford, and Chrysler. Don't know why...

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
Okay, opeing this thread back up. As u know with these impalas 2006+ we have the dreaded clicker. Well mine is on the drivers side behind the stereo. I want to know what the actuator is called that way I can purchase it and replace it. And is rockauto a reliable site as I see part numbers above the thread?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Okay, opeing this thread back up. As u know with these impalas 2006+ we have the dreaded clicker. Well mine is on the drivers side behind the stereo. I want to know what the actuator is called that way I can purchase it and replace it. And is rockauto a reliable site as I see part numbers above the thread?
I've placed maybe a dozen orders with Rockauto over the past 2 years. By and large, I've been satisfied. I had a couple of bad parts that were not their fault. When requested, they satisfactorily credited my account.

There is a blend door actuator for mixing hot and cold. Two on cars with split controls. These are in the vicinity of the radio, one on each side. (BTW, my car of reference is an 07 Impala SS.)

There is also the fresh air intake / recirculate acuator, sort of above/behind the glove box on the right.

These three actuators are the same, and can be purchased from Rockauto. From my notes:

> recirc actuator (for blend doors, too)
> GM# 15844096
> ACDelco# 15-75317 (aka 1575317)
>>>>NOTE: 15844096 replaced by 22754988 <<<

Based on your description, "drivers side behind the stereo", I think 1575317 is the part you want.

The mode actuator or mode valve, more descriptively known as the vent selector, is sorta above and to the left of the glove box. This one I could only find at the dealer, but looks like it's now at Rockauto, too. I believe GM 1573516 is the correct p/n - can't find it in my notes. But if this pic is correct, then yes, it's the right part.

FWIW, I was able to repair one of these. The first one to fail, the blend door actuator on the passenger side, I was able to remove, disassemble, re-assemble, and re-install, and it's worked perfectly for ~3 years now. I can't recall for sure what I did, but I think I simply rotated some of the gears away from the bad spot, and was able to re-use it.

That said, ever since, given the effort to swap one out, I've elected to spend 25 bucks and install new parts to know with certainty that it's being fixed reliably.

HTH.

Doug

·
3,934 Posts
So to clarify the actuator under the steering column on the drivers side is the recirculate actuator? Wich controls the dual zone climate controls. If that's correct I'm will be purchasing it from rock auto. Just can't stand the noise. Thanks so much for the help doug I will replace it myself rather than wasting money on the dealer.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
So to clarify the actuator under the steering column on the drivers side is the recirculate actuator? Wich controls the dual zone climate controls. If that's correct I'm will be purchasing it from rock auto. Just can't stand the noise. Thanks so much for the help doug I will replace it myself rather than wasting money on the dealer.
No, the recirculate actuator is above/behind the glove box on the passenger's side.

The blend door actuators (2 for dual zone) are near each side of the radio, but a little lower.

All three use the same actuator, ACDelco# 15-75317 .

FWIW, here are a couple pics:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doug

·
3,934 Posts
Okay I see now. Thanks for all the info doug. Big help

·
3,934 Posts
Ok well I checked rockauto and they don't have the part number 15-75317 they have a temp valve with a different number and a mode valve.

·
3,934 Posts
Temp valve #1574122 and mode #1573516

21 - 40 of 84 Posts