Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 9c1 chevy caprice 350 engine and I'm going to change the fuel pump.
Just debating on which one to get.I drive the car maybe once a week if that.

Delphi is $80.00 1 year warranty
Bosch is $60.00 and its lifetime,,,,,,

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Cost and lifetime warranty, no brainer buy the Bosch unit.

·
Banned
574 Posts
I have a 1989 9c1 chevy caprice 350 engine and I'm going to change the fuel pump.
Just debating on which one to get.I drive the car maybe once a week if that.

Delphi is $80.00 1 year warranty
Bosch is $60.00 and its lifetime,,,,,,
Bosch = made in Germany/foreign.

Delphi = made in America/domestic, (or at least it should be).

Question - Do you want to support your own country/job/life, or that of Germany?

Secondly, if a part needs a lifetime warranty in order to sell it, you don't want it. I once bought a lifetime warranty starter and after having replaced it seven times, I became very proficient at changing this starter! But hey, the replacement starters had a lifetime warranty and were free! Such a great deal! :giggle:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
There is no such thing as an american company anymore, unless its a small local operation. So aside from that crap, the issue should be which part has a better reputation, which I think is what he was looking for to begin with. I haven't used either before, but I would agree with 77Impala on this one.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
...if a part needs a lifetime warranty in order to sell it, you don't want it. I once bought a lifetime warranty starter and after having replaced it seven times, I became very proficient at changing this starter! But hey, the replacement starters had a lifetime warranty and were free! Such a great deal! :giggle:
I deal with a lot of lifetime warranty parts on my vehicles. Nothing wrong in considering them for a vehicle. Now I have found that buying a NEW part, not remanufactured, with the lifetime warranty is the best way to go. I too have dealt with faulty remanufactured units, and have also dealt with cheap new lifetime warranty parts that I ended up buying the high end part and have not changed it again since. I have also gotten many GOOD remanufactured units that are still going strong. IMO, if you can buy the new or high end lifetime warranty part and you intend to keep the vehicle a long time then do so. If needing some time between now and that point then do what you feel is necessary.

·
Banned
574 Posts
Lifetime warranty parts are almost always sold at discount auto parts stores. They throw a lifetime warranty on the many times made in China, "quality", part, because that's the only way they can sell it.

Again, if a part needs a lifetime warranty, you don't want it and I speak from over 25 years experience in the automotive parts/repair/maintenance industry.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I asked because I hear people always say never put bosch plugs in a gm car .never do this or that....So I wanted to just ask ...You all make some interesting points though.

·
Banned
574 Posts
I asked because I hear people always say never put bosch plugs in a gm car .never do this or that....So I wanted to just ask ...You all make some interesting points though.

Be American, buy American. 15 million of your fellow Americans are unemployed. We need to be more conscious of where our money is going when we purchase products. Either we support our own economy, or it will collapse and it will make the Great Depression look like a party! :yikes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts