Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
figured i would start this since its that time of year and thought it would be interesting to see what otehrs can come up with.

·
Registered
80 Posts
would if i could.. on the west coast where i'm at we are lucky if we get snow. cool thread tho i want to see some snow pics

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Tree in the first vid, curb in the second. Plus FWD clearly doesn't do anything interesting in snow... Impaler, still have last years snow vid?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya my girl was getting nauseous so I figured she could record it. I never hit the curb just drove over it. It was the least interesting part of the night.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Here you go my imp. in winter picture and the car it likes to gobble :beer:

and a small video in zip file :eek:k3:

do i win ?

Attachments

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
FWD + snow = nothing interesting (unless you go around in reverse)
Your best bet would have been to engage your parking break if you wanted to swing around..
I went FWD because of the horrible snow storms we get (used to get) my Z28 was fun to spin around

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Accel, parking brake, slideeeeee then release the parking brake, correct steering and accel. I have done it many times, it IS fun, but dangerous if you eff up because the parking brake is a pedal. Try it somewhere very open the first few times.

My last pic above is after doing it, actually. :eek:k3:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your best bet would have been to engage your parking break if you wanted to swing around..
I went FWD because of the horrible snow storms we get (used to get) my Z28 was fun to spin around
That's what I did the whole time. Hence the squeaks you here in the vid. I miss my s10 or my 944, the 944 had pirelli tires and was bad in reason so it was nuts in the snow.

·
Banned
748 Posts
What camera was used to make the video ? i should start using the new hd camera i bought to do daily driving video recording would be cool to show you guys how bad it gets here in canada..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Here you go my imp. in winter picture and the car it likes to gobble :beer:

and a small video in zip file :eek:k3:

do i win ?

jeez wanted to see snow pics/vids but not like this! sorry dude

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What camera was used to make the video ? i should start using the new hd camera i bought to do daily driving video recording would be cool to show you guys how bad it gets here in canada..
meant to say the pirelli's were bad in the RAIN... all well, i actually used my phone for both video's. i have a "mount" i made for the front bumper that screws in where the front plate would go. its more of a box like thing. i could take a pic of it if your interested. my phone is water proof/ indestructible so i feel safe with it, plus it pretty well protected any way.

·
Banned
748 Posts
meant to say the pirelli's were bad in the RAIN... all well, i actually used my phone for both video's. i have a "mount" i made for the front bumper that screws in where the front plate would go. its more of a box like thing. i could take a pic of it if your interested. my phone is water proof/ indestructible so i feel safe with it, plus it pretty well protected any way.
Yaa take a picture of your phone inside the cradle you made please. :dizzy:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i used a white metal basket thing i found at the Dollar Tree in the kitchen section, it happen to perfectly fit my phone to where the lens was unobctructed. i used mini bungee chords to hold it in, 2 keep it pretty snug. i used what i had at the time in my apartment. ive been meaning to make a nicer one now that i have a place to work now at my house. oh and it is wrapped with electrical tape.

Attachments

·
Banned
748 Posts
Is it a blackberry phone ? my blackberry can hardly take and pictures without crashing.. i should saran wrap it around the bumper and take it for a ride.

·
Banned
667 Posts
All you need to do is get two trays from fast food place then hit the parking brake then you can have fun

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is it a blackberry phone ? my blackberry can hardly take and pictures without crashing.. i should saran wrap it around the bumper and take it for a ride.
No, much tougher. Its a Casio commando.

·
Banned
748 Posts
No, much tougher. Its a Casio commando.
what can be tougher than an iphone or blackberry ? Got pictures ? never heard of it ever, what os does it run on ?

1 - 20 of 453 Posts