Impala Forums banner

10581 - 10585 of 10585 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,459 Posts
I wish people would read manuals more. Not just car owner manuals... almost anything. A lot of simple issues / questions can be answered by reading the owner's manuals... #rant
R.T.F.M.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Why, oh why, do the 8th generation Impalas only have two cupholders up front?! I drove from Indiana to Virgina and back in a weekend and my word I wish we had two more cupholders up front. Like, you know, any other large sedan. I never thought I'd miss cupholders, especially the ones in the door. Lol.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Hey, at least that have cupholders! You have to remember that these cars were designed pre-2006 and and wasn't all that long ago that cars didn't have ANY cupholders (remember those cupholders that people cliped onto their doors? :)

Now I will say, the rear seat cupholders are basically useless - they are too wide/shallow to be effective at actually holding a cup! :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hey, at least that have cupholders! You have to remember that these cars were designed pre-2006 and and wasn't all that long ago that cars didn't have ANY cupholders (remember those cupholders that people cliped onto their doors? :)

Now I will say, the rear seat cupholders are basically useless - they are too wide/shallow to be effective at actually holding a cup! :)
Ha, you are absolutely right! I guess I've been spoiled! I should think back to my previous car which had the cupholders under the center console for some reason and couldn't fit anything bigger than a coffee cup :p

I once put a gel air freshener in the rear cupholder... it didn't end well. I didn't notice it melted in the heat and on a, uh, aggressive turn fell right out. Boy that was fun to clean up.

10581 - 10585 of 10585 Posts