Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
asshat dealer had to ruin it for everyone by being so public and greedy....shoulda left it at like 2 or 3 at a time......now GM is going to rewrite the contracts......fuckin fuck might as well jack the price up to 60k and slap some "Limited Edition" badges on 'em :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Look for a few of them to go on ebay or in a Barret Jackson/Mecum auction soon.. Should go for decent money to a hardcore chevy fan.

·
Registered
199 Posts
To me, it really never made sense to buy a new vehicle because they depreciate so fast. That would be cool to own, but probably will become even more overpriced now. Oh well, it would be cool to see one on the road!

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
I wouldn't mind taking one out for a big smokey burnout...I mean test drive :yahoo: I still think they are ugly as fuck though.

·
Registered
290 Posts
They will be at our auctions in 3 years with 90-100k on them, all black. I did see a 2011 Charger Police car today, they look much tougher.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
I dont like the charger's restyling....it went all euro-trash ricer-esque

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
but I do think the new cappie is hideously dorky

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Short version please: WHY do not GM want to sell this car to the public?

Its completely awesome with a new RWD sedan! BMW, Mercedes, Lexus all have both "cheap" and expensive versions with RWD.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Pigs like to think of themselves as "special"....GM is probably not convinced the general public will buy it, it's ugly, who would. And try to remember, GM did sell a cheap RWD road monster, Pontiac G8, didn't sell well....or, they have something planned for a redesign of a current model based off of it, and they don't want to dilute the future sales.....finally, who knows, there aren't many car enthusiasts left in GM after the shakedown and restructuring, mostly nerds and office execs that don't know much about cars....only bottom lines and corner offices..

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
I like it... Not sure about the quality though, but its made in Australia so maybe its okay? Dont know anything about the Aussies capabilities of making cars.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Holden does really well for itself. I think it's the top selling Marque down under, don't quote me on that though. And it's become the basis of all new GM cars here in the states as well, so they must be doing something right...so much so, that I'd be interested in seeing GM move an entire dealership here and sell them as a new import brand....not sure why no one's thought of that idea yet. I for one would like to see GM stray from them being the basis for cars here, I would think it's jacking up the price having all the import duties on the shit...

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Bringing a new brand into the country would probably be extremely costly. Easier to rebadge.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
I don't see how, either way, you would have to re-engineer it for US safety standards, and rebadging costs even more money on top...

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rebadging wouldn't cost more than bringing Holden overseas. I don't even know how you could think that. Does it cost more for GM to label the Chevy Equinox the Cadillac SRX, or would it be more expensive to bring a whole new brand with new platforms overseas?

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
True... Didnt think of that. There´s a problem. If they dont meet the standards already?

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Rebadging wouldn't cost more than bringing Holden overseas. I don't even know how you could think that. Does it cost more for GM to label the Chevy Equinox the Cadillac SRX, or would it be more expensive to bring a whole new brand with new platforms overseas?
And the new SAAB is a Cadillac, rebadging... Dodge sells the Huyndai Accent as a Dodge here, poorly rebadged. It says Dodge in the back, but all the Huyndai logos are there on the car and even on the key. :giggle: I happen to know since we rented a Huyndai/Dodge when our FORD broke down.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts