Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my stabilitrak system starts acting up the other day. Give it any throttle during a sharp turn, and ABSABSABSABSABSABSABS with a flashing stabilitrak icon, thinking the wheels are slipping. Eventually threw a C0035 code and said service stabilitrak, service brake assist, service traction control, yada yada yada. Figured I needed a new sensor (hub? ABS? not really familiar with all the sensors since my last car was a not-so-high-tech Intrepid police pkg.) Took it to the dealer expecting to be reamed for cash since I JUST went outside the CPO warranty (by just under 1000 miles). Was told $99 to diagnose, and they'd call me with a repair quote. Come lunchtime, got a call, car is ready to go. I almost flipped. Figured they repaired without my accepting the charges. Turns out they had to replace the entire hub assembly, and that was covered under the powertrain warranty!!! :clap: The total repair bill would've been around $700 bucks!

Also had my B & C pillar black plastic trim pieces replaced under warranty, but they were ordered prior to the expiration of the CPO warranty. Wish they would've used the new matte plastic instead of the older shiny, but free is free! :10:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Score, but how the f does replacing one hub come to $700?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I just looked at the fine print on the power train warranty because my abs light is on and it specifically says the hub assemble is NOT covered. Are you still under the bumper to bumper or are you into the 5 year 100,000 mile power train?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Oh and the full list price on the factory AC delco hub is $375 (although Amazon has it for $170 and good aftermarket ones are $110). So by the time they charge diagnostic and labor, +shop fees and tax I could see them claiming almost $700.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just looked at the fine print on the power train warranty because my abs light is on and it specifically says the hub assemble is NOT covered. Are you still under the bumper to bumper or are you into the 5 year 100,000 mile power train?
The 48,000 mile CPO bumper to bumper ran out just under 1,000 miles ago. The service rep told me he got it covered under the 100,000 mile powertrain. The receipt isn't specific, it just says Code W.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I've had hubs replaced under powertrain warranty, somebody wants to rip you off.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I can't do links well on my android but its there in specific plain language on the 2007 supplemental powertrain from the chevy website. Doesn't matter now anyway because my hubs are fine but the left rear wires are shorted somewhere before the connection to the hub.

·
Registered
234 Posts
When they replaced mine they said it was about 1100 dollars for the two front hub assemblies. I didn't have to pay but they are still full of shit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hersbird, I'd at least take it to the dealership and ask...claim ignorance lol. No reason to have an issue with ur car if warranty will cover it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well the hubs are fine, but Midas did quote me $225 total parts and labor for 1 front in the future as one of mine is still original at 83,000 miles and one has been replaced.
Good idea about trying the dealer, you can always ask to only fix if it is covered by warranty and then they are more likely to word it in a way so they can get paid from GM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have already replaced my front hubs, axles, (having multiple problems) suspect rear hubs acting up. IF this is under warranty It would be NICE to get fixed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts