Impala Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have a couple of acres I am going to be taking care of, I am in need of a ride on mower. I have seen these 2 terms (Yard tractor and Lawn tractor) but don't know what the difference is between them. Anyone able to shed some light on this for me?

·
Super Moderator
18,404 Posts
Now that I have a couple of acres I am going to be taking care of, I am in need of a ride on mower. I have seen these 2 terms (Yard tractor and Lawn tractor) but don't know what the difference is between them. Anyone able to shed some light on this for me?

Look here...
Lawn tractor vs garden tractor

·
Super Moderator
18,404 Posts
HA! I just found that after posting the thread. Thanks though. It is the thought that counts.:eek:k3:
LOL! Yer welcome!:beer:

·
Divine Autosound
2,168 Posts
If this had been about a year ago, I had a practically new White brand tiding mower that I would have sold you for 250 bucks. It wouldn't stay running, so I sold it to a guy to fix. I would have found the problem, but I didn't have the time, and I had another perfectly good craftsman that has been a real workhorse for about 13 years now. If one fits your budget, go craftsman. With a three blade deck. They are much easier to adjust for some reason. And the 2 blade craftsman mowers like to leave high patches right in the middle of the deck where the bladed overlap. I imagine it has to do with the 14 hp engine bogging down when the going gets tough. But it is a real warrior. I helped a friend with a commercial lot one summer with it. I ran it for 12 hours straight a day for an entire week without any sign of trouble. And I even had to take it mud bogging to mow one area of one pf the lots. Didn't get stuck. Anyway, that's my input, even though you didn't ask for a recommendation, Haha. I love the craftsman mowers.

For a garden tractor, my friend that i helped out has a Kubota Bx1860. You can get all sorts of implements for them. But garden tractors are much pricier. He paid 10,775 for it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
One brand i like is John deere. there all good if there used and serviced right
And feel like forking out some good amounts of money. John Deere are good tractors but way overpriced.. You're buying the name more than anything. IMO

·
Registered
1,479 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,901 Posts
I have a little under an acre and live half a mile behind a John Deere dealership. I bought the 1995 vintage 38" rider from the previous homeowner, serves the purpose but I wont be shopping for a Deere come time to replace it. As said you pay for the name, and to add insult to that injury they keep getting cheaper built, neighbors with newer models are not happy and wont be buying new ones from the dealership they could literally drive the mower home from.

Would love a zero turn as we have a lot of trees to mow around.

·
Impalaforums.com
3,526 Posts
I have one of these.
Regular belt changing and oil changing every year and its been good.

I did break the front left tire off going into a small sink hole and the gas cap lost its sealing ability but nothing a jack and and 40 bucks cant fix.
I have a horse fence and 10 trees I cut around as well as the numerous plants she plants each year. (some get mowed over some dont).
The belts are what makes me mad about this mower.
There are to many.
It has a gas pedal but its not a gas pedal its just another belt to replace.
I stretched the spring out on mine and attached it to something under there and when I hit the "gas pedal" its full speed.
My throttle is the old rabbit thing.....up and down.
I like it though.
Now my tractors I plow the corn and tobacco fields with is something totally different.

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now the other question... mod or leave stock?
:wink:

·
Divine Autosound
2,168 Posts
There is a guy in my home town that builds alcohol powered racing mowers. He modified one where he took a transfer case and used the four wheel drive to power the cutting deck. He could grind stumps with that thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think you need a garden tractor. I also have a couple of acres and I use one of garden tractors. It was a little bit hard to choose one, nut a good friend of my family is a farmer he adviced me some models of garden tractors http://https://www.growgardener.com/the-best-garden-tractor/ .
He influenced my chose a little bit and I bought Poulan Pro. If read this page I am sure you will find what you search!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think you need a garden tractor. I also have a couple of acres and I use one of garden tractors. It was a little bit hard to choose one, nut a good friend of my family is a farmer he adviced me some models of garden tractors http://https://www.growgardener.com/the-best-garden-tractor/ .
He influenced my chose a little bit and I bought Poulan Pro. If read this page I am sure you will find what you search!
yeap garden tractor solve all problems

1 - 18 of 18 Posts