Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2017 certified V Sport Platinum from the Cadillac dealer. It belonged to a retired doctor who ordered it new from the factory. He bought the car, drove 11000 miles, and then died. Not in the car. He and his wife had this vehicle, which was his, and a new CT6. She decided to sell this one back to the dealer because it was too sporty for her. It's in truly perfect condition, currently with 11200 miles on it. I gave my son the Lincoln, and he hasn't stopped grinning since. So, we traded in the 2014 Impala. Since that vehicle was four years newer, and only a 36,000 miles on it, I actually got more on the trade-in then I would have for the Lincoln, despite the fact that the Lincoln still looks brand new. 3.6 Twin Turbo all wheel drive, which General Motors list at 410 horsepower. It's fairly quick, but compared to the Lincoln, it's a little slow. I need to get this one tuned! I just need to find a reputable tuner who will respond in a timely fashion. Having some trouble in that regard. Loving the heads-up display, massaging seats, bird's eye view, Etc.

URL=https://beta.photobucket.com/u/mclspllc/p/a946dbb3-b40d-4d25-a803-4ece409e7fea]
[/URL]url]https://beta.photobucket.com/u/mclspllc/p/a946dbb3-b40d-4d25-a803-4ece409e7fea[/url]

https://beta.photobucket.com/u/mclspllc/p/a946dbb3-b40d-4d25-a803-4ece409e7fea

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a black XTS V-sport I purchased brand new. Loved it.
What year was it?

I have said for a long time if General Motors would've dropped the twin turbo 3.6 and all-wheel-drive into the current body style Impala, I would've bought one. I'm pretty happy with the car so far. It's crazy what comes with the Platinum, glad I held out for that.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nice ride. GM makes some pretty slick stuff when they want to. The only druther I have about some of these less common, more expensive sub-models is the long term parts support and availability form GM. They have done some past forays into neat technology and then abruptly dropped the parts as "obsolete" which can be a little worrisome down the road when it comes time for the inevitable repairs.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the basis of the car is the XTS and 3.6, so I'm not too worried. In any event, certified Cadillacs come with a 6-year bumper to bumper from the in-service date, and I plan to buy a gmpp beyond that anyway..... too many things to go wrong and I don't want to pay for myself. I know what you're talkin about though, I'd be real worried for the SSR guys and gals, as well as of course the G8 folks.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I know what you're talkin about though, I'd be real worried for the SSR guys and gals, as well as of course the G8 folks.
The killer with some of these isn't just the demise of the OEM source for parts, but that there were some high-wear items that have pretty much dried up all the channels - GM stopped making parts, and the junk yards have been picked clean. I can't recall the one part for the G8, but for sure, the G6 convertible owners are hurting for parts.

Seems that, with the 2008 meltdown, the normal 10-year supply of replacement parts was truncated resulting in an extra short supply. I know these cars are now pretty much at the end of that window - Pontiac has been gone more than 10 years now - but that pipe went dry much earlier.

Having a Holden with an LT1 in it sounds like lots of fun, but I think I'd rather pay more for a recent vintage Chevy SS than get stuck trying to find parts for a G8 or GTO. And, speaking of Cadillacs, another LT1 equipped car is the CTS-V. Both it and the SS should have plenty of parts available.

Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts