Impala Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a used 2013 Impala and I am not sure if it is XM ready. If I press the CAT button it says XM feature but when I press the BAND button it just switches between AM and FM1/2.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
are you subscribed to them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I am not currently subscribed to XM. I am trying to find out if it is XM ready.

·
$ILLK
155 Posts
No I am not currently subscribed to XM. I am trying to find out if it is XM ready.
IDK if the location of the box is the same on the 2013 as the 2008, but it is located in the trunk above the rear passenger wheel well if you pull the carpet back. My car came with a free 6 month trial from the dealership as it was a certified vehicle when I purchased it. Definitely worth calling where you got it from to see if that would apply to you. Guy from the dealership didn't even tell me about it. I found out maybe less than a week of having the car to my pleasant surprise as I was scanning through the presets riding around town...smh

Try putting the xm band on and then try going through the channels. If its still on and needs activated there is a preview channel that it will automatically come on all the channels. Another option is to place on xm band turn the channel selector knob ccw until your radio id should come across there (not quite sure though). You could call xm customer service and give them the ID number and they could let you know the status of it.
I had to call XM before for them to reset my signal and you'll need that Radio ID.

·
Registered
81 Posts
As stated above.
Check rear passenger trunk inner fender area for an XM module.

Check XM fuse at passenger fuse panel

Check for XM/Onstar Antenna on roof.

Check for XM Band on radio. You should get the XM preview station for free.

If non of the above exists you don't have XM

·
Registered
653 Posts
If the radio states "XM feature" then the head unit is XM compatible but you do not have the XM digital receiver nor wiring in your vehicle, if you did have XM it would default to XM preview channel (X1) if you are not subscribed (new cars come with 3 months free of XM). If you want XM it would be cheaper, and not to mention easier, to get a XM receiver with car kit.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
If it isn't xm capable your likely better off buying a standalone Sirius or XM radio and using an aux cable, cassette adapter, or installing a new deck or adding an aux adapter. Purchasing and installing the XM module for your radio would likely cost more and be more of a PITA than your other options.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Whats odd for me is the dealership told me my car was a rental and it didn't come with XM but it has Bluetooth, Onstar, Onstar Antenna, and that (What I believe is the XM Reciever) Plug on the fender of the right passenger side of the car (in trunk)? Oddly when I hit the CAT button it only gives me AM and FM (No FM2 either)? Do you think my car has it all but is missing something? I have yet to check the fuse. My car's a 2013 Impala LT. Took it into the Dealership and they looked at me like I was crazy when I told them I had what I believed was everything but they just needed to program the radio.

·
Registered
242 Posts
My 2013 Impala LT I just bought is XM-ready. I just got my 3 month free trial. I'd think you should be XM-ready as well. Definitely something to check into.

EDIT: Yes, I just noticed the dates were from June 2014 (except the last reply..). Sorry for bumping such an old thread... *facepalm*

·
Registered
2 Posts
As stated above.
Check rear passenger trunk inner fender area for an XM module.

Check XM fuse at passenger fuse panel

Check for XM/Onstar Antenna on roof.

Check for XM Band on radio. You should get the XM preview station for free.

If non of the above exists you don't have XM
I have the XM module in my trunk. I have the antenna on the roof. I don't have XM available as a band. Is it likely just the fuse?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 2008 Impala I just bought has a Pioneer AVH-P3300BT, and not the stock stereo. Can the factory XM satellite radio tuner module mounted in the trunk be wired to the Pioneer AVH-P3300BT?

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I'm almost positive the factory xm radio can be used. Just need to make sure the radio is compatible with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts