Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Anyone Know Where I Can Can Some Xenon Headlight Bulbs For My 2007 Impala (4000k Or 8000k Preferred)?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I got some for my van that are 7000K shipped to my home for less that $30.00. Very nice Blue/White light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is the difference btw just the bulbs and the conversion kits? I want to change my lights, but I don't need to go the expensive route, just something simple and purdy. Also are the same bulbs used for the fog lights? Are they hard to install? I know, i know, so many questions but I'm new to this car moding thing so any info would help this lil lady out. I'm in an 07 3LT Pala if that helps....

·
Registered
657 Posts
xenon bulbs that you see on ebay= garbage....probably will fry the headlight wiring on your car eventually and light output sucks balls.

HID kit= great idea, as long as you get them from a reputable seller and know what the color temperatures mean. will improve visibility greatly.

the fogs are a different type of bulb altogether and no, neither are hard to replace. with the HID kit, there is a little more to it than just slapping new bulbs in, but its still not hard to do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Depends where you buy. Ebay is usually just parts, actual stores/business it comes with directions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i got the 8000k xenon bulbs from ebay and they sucked as far as illumination goes but had a nice blue look. i say go ebay HIDs you can get a pair for 50 bucks with 2 year warranty and all.

·
Registered
657 Posts
The Silverstar Ultras are nice, but you can get a good quality HID kit from DDMTuning.com for about $50 plus the $10 or $15 you will pay for a relay harness.

HIDs > Silverstar Ultra bulbs

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
I got the Sylvanias because they are pretty touchy about HID and xenons around here, (like they don't have anything better to do) so I got those and they work real nice. Lights up sign from 2/3 blocks away! Anyhow, just a suggestion. Good luck, though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts