Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:Has anyone else had their window simply fall in while they were going down? (95 SS) I got it back up, but it will fall down again im guessing without putting it on track???

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Come on Angel, nothing 'inside' the doors is an easly fix...LOL.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Gregg-o After doing too many of these it becomes fast and easy, the part that takes the longest is not breaking to door panel or repairing one that was already broken since its off anyway. My first window repair took me 2 hours or more....Threw a few tools,kicked a few co workers......then I got the hang of it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Since we are tlkin bout windows.. only the drivers and the back window works. The passenger side windows does not work at all .... so how do I get those damn door panels off

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Since we are tlkin bout windows.. only the drivers and the back window works. The passenger side windows does not work at all .... so how do I get those damn door panels off
This is something we covered a while back at this link http://www.impalaforums.com/chevy-impala-6th-gen-discussion/123228-94-ss-door-panel.html To make it easy for you (this time) I found it after "searching the forum" and pasted it here for you. .......................

You are wise to ask.... these panels are very fragile and very rare. First look around and find the screws.....on the grey door pull there are 2 long screws, these are found on each end behind the cap of the door pull. To the right behind the door handle you will find 1 screw. On the armrest (where your fingers would grab if you use the arm rest) there are 2 screws. Finally at the lower portion of the door panel inside the storage area (next to the door light) there is a single screw.

Now, the control panel for seat/window controls is only held by one clip attached to the front portion of that control bezel.....it simply pops up from the front and the real follows by sliding out exposing a few connectors, unplug them. No worries they only go in/out in one place and cant be confused.

The control panel for the lock/unlock has to be guided out after you remove the screw behind the chrome door handle. It should come up and then out exposing a connector, unplug it.

Now comes the tricky part, you will need some sort of thin tool to carefully remove the plastic clips without breaking the door panel. I use a set from Cornwell Tools made just for door panels. Using Whatever tool you can get a hold of, slide it between the door panel edge and the door....slowly sliding it around till you feel it catch on a clip, pop out the clips (total of 6 clips/retainers 2 on the bottom, 2 on the right and 2 on the left....they are pretty much evenly spaced.

Once these thing's are out of your way your power mirror and door pocket light will still be plugged in. Use an upward motion to help the door panel come off the door and expose the connectors for light/mirror. unplug and begin inspecting your problem.

To install, its basically a reverse procedure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
thanx.. seemed like the guy i bought the from mustve try to just yank the panel the off . Now the bottom is hanging and sum connector is hanging also( has 3 prong don't know what that connects to)

·
Registered
34 Posts
A black wire with a connector is hanging from the drivers door

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
there are 3 connectors that plug in to the driver window control, another for the power mirror, another for the lock and one connector for the light at the end of the door (map pocket) they all can only plug into one place so there is no chance of connecting anything wrong.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So if that's the window control one is unplugged would the passenger side not work... and I think that plug is shorting my power because I slammmed my door and my window didn't want to go down and the the radio will go out and the d the car shut off for a second

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Sounds like you have more issues than just that....for now check the door panel itself, sometimes people use screws to hold the door panel on the door and they dont look before they screw them in and they pinch/cut wires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts