Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
LS4 or V6?

Jegs and others have the front and rear pair, GM 12498648, V6 STB for $33 + shipping. GM lists them as 2000-2005, They fit the W-Bodies from 2000 through 2016 except the LS4 V8

You may have difficulty finding the Don Rome Brackets used. He still makes em. They aren't terribly difficult to fab. If you're handy you can build em on a milling machine using aluminum or even steel stock. A rotary table makes it easier but it can be done without one. I've turned out a couple of steel brackets for my winter beaters and let em go when I sold em.

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LS4 or V6?

Jegs and others have the front and rear pair, GM 12498648, V6 STB for $33 + shipping. GM lists them as 2000-2005, They fit the W-Bodies from 2000 through 2016 except the LS4 V8

You may have difficulty finding the Don Rome Brackets used. He still makes em. They aren't terribly difficult to fab. If you're handy you can build em on a milling machine using aluminum or even steel stock. A rotary table makes it easier but it can be done without one. I've turned out a couple of steel brackets for my winter beaters and let em go when I sold em.
2012 V6. I only need one, so I'd rather not buy two. I know DR still sells them, but I was hoping someone may have sold their Impala and had the whole setup to get rid of.

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, as a testament to my lack of patience, I bought the DR brackets and two STBs. I'll put the extra STB for sale when it arrives, so: STB COMING SOON! lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts