Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I would not even think of putting it on my old Impala. That is ugly for sure.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
lmfao!
Lund FTMFL!

almost as bad as the only other option i have seen for the imp...

the 06 style is much better than either of those 2 IMO, but @ $900 :frown:

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Though I would not put them on my car, to me those at least look better than the one Richard found.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
you guys have NO clue what your talking about! Cant you guys understand that the hood that Richard found comes standard with 1000 Horsepower?!?!?!?!

Thats why its so ugly, they ran out of places to stuff the horsepower so they had to bulge the hood in the form of a ricer scoop. DUH :)

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
I took part in a project with a friend who also was in your situation.....our solution.. . . . . went to the wrecking yard and found an old camaro with a factory hood scoop, almost a tear drop shape. We carefully unbolted it, and simply measured and cut the factory hood for this shape then molded it into the hood. You could get away with simply bolting it on for your purpose. Just a thought.

BTW the hood scoop was $35 at the wrecking yard

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
you guys have NO clue what your talking about! Cant you guys understand that the hood that Richard found comes standard with 1000 Horsepower?!?!?!?!

Thats why its so ugly, they ran out of places to stuff the horsepower so they had to bulge the hood in the form of a ricer scoop. DUH :)
Angel, I don't know what you may have been drinking but I recommend putting down the bottle and moving away from the table, :happy2:. LOL

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I took part in a project with a friend who also was in your situation.....our solution.. . . . . went to the wrecking yard and found an old camaro with a factory hood scoop, almost a tear drop shape. We carefully unbolted it, and simply measured and cut the factory hood for this shape then molded it into the hood. You could get away with simply bolting it on for your purpose. Just a thought.

BTW the hood scoop was $35 at the wrecking yard
you talking about a 70's shaker hood scoop?
Like on the late 70s TAs?

Been thinking about just grabbing a fact hood, cutting down the factory lines and raising itlike a cowl....meh, i have plenty of time to figure something out....

i think lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts