Impala Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
22,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of upgrading all my interior speakers, well the 4 that I have anyway. lol So, I was looking at the Infinity Kappas and was told their good, they sound like good quality, but I thought I'd ask if that's a good choice and if it's worth upgrading the speakers. The only audio upgrade I have now is an Alpine Type R 12 sub and Alpine MRP-500 Amp. Stock headunit, AM/FM Cassette 1 CD no OnStar. :beer:

· Premium Member
22,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Ok, so I found this headunit and it looks like a nice piece, but was wondering if anyone had had experience with it? I have an Alpine Type R 12 sub, and plan to upgrade my speakers soon (Still figuring which I want). I've attached some speakers, so if someone who's been around the block could help, I'd really appreciate not ending up buying hundreds of dollars in sh*t. Thanks! Oh, for those who don't know I have an Alpine Type R 12 hooked to a Alpine MRP-500 amp.

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Alpine - Type R 6" x 9" 2-Way Coaxial Car Speakers with Hybrid Fiber Cones (Pair) - SPR-69

Alpine - Type R 6-1/2" 2-Way Coaxial Car Speaker with Hybrid Fiber Cones (Pair) - SPR-60

Honestly, I will probably go to BB and ask one of the guys there (There's a guy who's really into car audio) and have him help me out, but I do still value your opinions and want to hear about the above. Thanks!

· Premium Member
22,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Ok, so went to Best Buy and these are the speakers they suggested:

Rear 6x9s:

Polk Audio - 6" x 9" 3-Way Coaxial Loudspeakers with Poly-Mica Cones (Pair) - DXi690

And the 6 1/2:

Polk Audio - 6-1/2" Coaxial Loudspeakers with Poly-Mica Cones (Pair) - DXI650

Polk Audio - 6-1/2" Component Loudspeakers with Poly-Mica Composite Cones (Pair) - DXi6500

Anyone think it's worth getting the $199 set? I can get it for less, but is it worth the $50 more?

And then the Alpine HU:

Alpine - 50W x 4 iPod®-/Satellite Radio-/HD Radio-Ready In-Dash Navigation CD Deck - INA-W900BT INA&cp=1&lp=1

I'll need the harness & the dash kit. Anything else?

· Premium Member
22,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Lol, no I'm buying everything online and having BB install it. I found some of those Polks for like $60 for the 6x9s practically brand new. lol, so that may be what I do unless anyone has bad experience with them.

· Premium Member
22,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Probably. I have to get all the cost figured out. My B-Day is coming up, so I'm gonna ask for some stuff, but I want to know what I need to buy myself.

· Premium Member
22,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
So im gonna run Polk DXi6500 6.5s and Polk DXi690 6x9s. I can use the Polk PA660 amp for those? I don't have a link cause I'm on my phone sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.