Impala Forums banner

Worth Upgrading Speakers?

7056 Views 49 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  donmateo
I'm thinking of upgrading all my interior speakers, well the 4 that I have anyway. lol So, I was looking at the Infinity Kappas and was told their good, they sound like good quality, but I thought I'd ask if that's a good choice and if it's worth upgrading the speakers. The only audio upgrade I have now is an Alpine Type R 12 sub and Alpine MRP-500 Amp. Stock headunit, AM/FM Cassette 1 CD no OnStar. :beer:
1 - 1 of 50 Posts
I'm thinking of upgrading all my interior speakers, well the 4 that I have anyway. lol So, I was looking at the Infinity Kappas and was told their good, they sound like good quality, but I thought I'd ask if that's a good choice and if it's worth upgrading the speakers. The only audio upgrade I have now is an Alpine Type R 12 sub and Alpine MRP-500 Amp. Stock headunit, AM/FM Cassette 1 CD no OnStar. :beer:
i did the same thing a while back...but i took out my subs...which are for sale if anyone is intrested

i have this head unit Walmart.com: Sony Xplod CDX-GT35UW Car CD Receiver: Auto Electronics

this amp Walmart.com: Dual XPA Series 600-Watt 4-Channel Amplifier: Auto Electronics was like 100 at the time (don't think they sell this anymore) i recommend an 800watt or a 1200watt amp deff go bigger than 600watt if price isn't an issue for you

these for the rear deck Walmart.com: Sony Xplod XS-R6944 6" x 9" 4-Way Speakers: Auto Electronics

and these for the front doors Walmart.com: Sony Xplod XS-R1644 6-1/2" 4-Way Speakers: Auto Electronics

i am happy with them...i only wish i had a more powerful amp because if i go to full volume i can tell the amp is working at 100% and its distorted a little but at 85% 90% it sounds great

i just gutted the old amp and drilled some holes to mount this amp in the same place
See less See more
1 - 1 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.