Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got the raiss twin cold air intake.
motor brace. by hotchkis
i got a new siver and blue 200mph speedo.
try-y headers
sway bars all around. by hotchkis
the rear extender. by hotchkis
fuel rail covers.
valve covers to match.
halo lights.
and a programer that hooks up to ur laptop into ur obd...

is all this worth geting not that it maters now but yea and if u have anywhere i can look for more stuff let me know i have been geting everything from focuz perform. so let me know thanks for ur time

·
Registered
288 Posts
Depends on your definition of worthwhile.
RAISS: yes
speedo: if you like it.
tri-y's: yes.
swaybars: if accompanied by rear lower crontrol arms, yes.
extended control arms: debatable, but if for appearance probably yes.
fuel rail covers: depends, they can be tricky to get done right if it's your first time, but improve the engine bay a whole lot without homeplate.
valve covers: if no clearance issues, yes.
halo lights: the comple streetlights package, yes. Just trim rings, IMO no, but to each his own. If that's the look you want, then be happy with it.
programmer: depends what kind, but probably.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OKAY IT IS THE WHOLE THING FOR THE LIGHTS AND YEA I KNOW GO FOR MY OWN LOOK BUT SUMTHINGS I NEED TO KNOW LOL BUT WHERE DO I FIND rear lower crontrol arms... AND HOW HARD ARE THESE TO PUT ON SEE IM IN THE MARINES AND THERES NOT MANY SHOPS AROUND HERE... AND WITH THE RAISS I DONT KNOW IF IT WILL FIT WITH THE MOTOR BRACE SO IF IT DONT IM KEEPING THE INTAKE

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
new ?s

okay well now im going to get heads and a cam kit and tb. 58mm... and intake. i jsut want to know what is the best for hp. im going to do the whole msn box. cap. wires and sum new plugs is that worth it and can anyone help me out with what stuff to get has i listed abover

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you're getting a whole streetlights package, then yes, they will improve your lighting (though they are expensive, so some may argue thy're not worth the price charged.) If just the halo ring, that's for appearance only and your call.

The rear lower control arms are the same thing as the hotchkis extend kit- just make sure you get adjustable upper control arms at the same time. I imagine the "kit" would come with both, but don't let someone sell you just the lowers if they're extended.

I'm pretty sure (like 95% sure) the engine bay brace does not fit with the raiss. I am 100% positive the bay brace does absolutely nothing for increased handling/performance though, so I know which one I would pick.

Heads, cam and throttle body. Do your research, especially if you will need to pass CA smog some day. I wouldn't recommend a 58mm TB or the msd box- the stock stuff is fine until you start making alot of power. Cap wires and plugs, most people would recommend ACDelco, though you can get good aftermarket wires or plugs.

As far as doing the work goes, does wherever you're stationed have a rec facility where you can rent a lift and air tools? If so, this stuff is pretty easy- maybe not the heads and cam part though. You need to do more research before you head that route though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay With The Helos I Got The Whole Thing And Il Have To Get With Him To Maro Bout The Exteneders And Yea If Not I Have A Shop Close By To Go And Do The Work My Self. And With The Brace Im Starting To See That Its Not Going To Fit But Im Going To See If I Can Do Sumthing To Make It Fit If Not Im Going With The Intake Lol For Sure. And Where I Live In Ca I Pased Smog When I Put It In My Name So I Dont Have To Unles I Sell It And I Dont Plan To Do That So I Can Go All Out. But Thanks For The Help Do U Have Any Good Stuf To Look At Or Web Site I Can Look At

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just forget the brace- it's worthless. Head over the border (MX or NV) and grab a piece instead, your money would be better spent.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
<------ is glad i dont live in cali and i can say screw emissions ( sry mother earth ) lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts