Impala Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a body color tail light but it slightly scratched up to hell.

is worth fixing ? I found it to be reasonably priced as well.

Attachments

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
Buy some body filler, sand paper, paint and clear an you're good to go... but if you're buying it to fix up an sell at YOUR prices (with your parts and labor) then I'd say forget it..

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Buy some body filler, sand paper, paint and clear an you're good to go... but if you're buying it to fix up an sell at YOUR prices (with your parts and labor) then I'd say forget it..
I was going to slap it on my car but I found another one that is $10 more and in better condition looks like it's just scrapes

driver side seems to be the hardest to find and more expensive .

I have the passenger side I should get it by tomorrow. :icon_cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
I was going to slap it on my car but I found another one that is $10 more and in better condition looks like it's just scrapes

driver side seems to be the hardest to find and more expensive .

I have the passenger side I should get it by tomorrow. :icon_cool:
Did you check Rock Auto? They are very reasonable....
www.rockauto.com

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
thats the perfect donor car for me. I have been looking for one with a spoiler, light covers and a leather interior... and that interior just so happens to match mine. Shame its so far away.

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats the perfect donor car for me. I have been looking for one with a spoiler, light covers and a leather interior... and that interior just so happens to match mine. Shame its so far away.
I do not think you want that one since the car looks like it was resting on the spoiler

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Yeah def looks like a roll over and has spoiler damage. Is the one that's scraped up have covers or just tinted to body color? If it has covers I'd say go for it and save the money. Although the other ones are only $10 more so it may be worth saving the labor to buy those. So, you went with my suggestion to get some side tails, huh? It will look much better :eek:k3:

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah def looks like a roll over and has spoiler damage. Is the one that's scraped up have covers or just tinted to body color? If it has covers I'd say go for it and save the money. Although the other ones are only $10 more so it may be worth saving the labor to buy those. So, you went with my suggestion to get some side tails, huh? It will look much better :eek:k3:
yeah I got the passenger side now it has the appearance like someone jacked my driver side cover.
:giggle:

i'll grab a photo in the morning.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
yeah I got the passenger side now it has the appearance like someone jacked my driver side cover.
:giggle:

i'll grab a photo in the morning.
Muhaha. Hey it's a start :eek:k3: Now to find the other :dunno:

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Muhaha. Hey it's a start :eek:k3: Now to find the other :dunno:
yeah it's looking good so far.

after I get the last tail lights I going to get some new headlights and fog lights.. Not going to worry about the catalytic converter since that is just a fuel octane problem.

I had the PCM checked out and it's tunned for 91 octane.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Looks good!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts