Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 96 posi is worn, thinking about 3.73 or 4.10. will i have to do anything with the stock tranny to make this work? Also does anybody know where in the philly area i can get this done right?

·
Registered
396 Posts
how do you know when your rear end is worn? can a limited slip rear end get worn?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes LSD can get worn, happens alot.

Check by putting left foot on brake pedal, right foot on gas pedal. hold for 1-2 seconds...

Park car...

Get out and see if you have 2 tire marks...

If not... Posi/LSD has failed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Boo that means mine is either on the way out or done.... booooooo ! How much am I looking for a rebuild and a new posi and gears ?

-A

·
Registered
396 Posts
about 74% of the time it will burn both tires but there are some times where it wont.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
about 74% of the time it will burn both tires but there are some times where it wont.
its going out or is worn ( if ur not the first owner of your caprice or impala u know someone was enjoying the posy and burning out.....)

my friend works at a tire shop and my car is sooooo loud that they love when i come in and do a burnout ( my car has 240000....) the first time i tried it
( on shop cement kinda smooth ) it only burned 1 tire .... but a couple weeks later i came in, put water on both tires ( a little water bottle ) burned out for 5- 6 seconds and went out back , 2 tire marks ...

but like i said if its not hooking up its worn :frown:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts