Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Australians set a new world record over the summer, having 69 cars simultaneously do burnouts at the supernats in July. I believe there's an Impala in there, too. :beer:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
How many active forum members do we have?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Block the back wheels, it should get them spinning. And who was gonna tell the EPA we were planning it?

·
Registered
303 Posts
we should really get that together...:lol:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not if you turn traction control off. We'll just have to grease the track up first :beer:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Not if you turn traction control off. We'll just have to grease the track up first :beer:
Even with trac off your abs will still try to kick in b/c your rear wheels are not moving. Go turn your traction control off on a slippery road and punch it. You'll see

Post number 666 oh boy

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
If you turn TC off it will work enough. Plus the pre-2000 models can blow enough smoke to make it look legit lol

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
If you turn TC off it will work enough.
Depends on how good of shape your ABS pump and solenoids are :eek:k3: Since mine are brand new, its difficult. I punched it last night on the way home at about 45mph with trac off. The rpm's climbed up to 4k then abs started kicking in and I couldn't keep them above 3k. Good to know the abs is working good though

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
really? If I lay into my car, and stay in it, it will run to redline, shift, and then keep climbing, like it's supposed to

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
Throw a couple of B-Bodies in there and you will get some real tire smoke.

Maybe all the FWD cars can pour a bunch of bleach in their burnout box for something really special?!?!

:giggle:

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Maybe all the FWD cars can pour a bunch of bleach in their burnout box for something really special?!?!

hahaha :giggle:

·
Super Moderator
10,791 Posts

and all the FWD should run your snow tires all summer for less traction :idea:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts