Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, anyone know how to remove all the wood grain trim in my 06 Impala? I hate it, it drives me nuts. I want to plasti-dip all of the stuff but I don't know how to remove it. Any tips would be great thanks.

·
Registered
465 Posts
2 screws in ends behind dash caps. 2 above cluster then a bunch of friction clips all across. radio surround pulls off. it is also friction clips. console not sure

·
Registered
8 Posts
why would you want to take it off? ill trade you my stock carbon look for the wood trim...well idk if it would look with the grey interior

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya I want to paint it or something. I just can't stand the wood grain. Not sure what colour to use though because my interior is beige with a dark brown dash

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was thinking about doing the same thing, not a big fan of the wood trim. I have the grey/black interior and a silver exterior, not many options.

Let me know what you end up doing with it and how it turns out.

·
Registered
241 Posts
^^yo man howd you change the trim in the 7th gens to black? i know they have over lays. but i was looking to do that but carbonfiber wise.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Nope.....uncle works at a body/customizing shop. Does all my painting for cheap.

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
That does look great Don! How many full size containers of hand sanitizer do you have in your car Don? And what the heck kinda of nastiness are you involved in that requires you to keep so much readily available, in each door? Are you so germ -a - phobic that you will not even pass the container between front seat passengers for fear of contamination? Inquiring minds want to know......

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
That does look great Don! How many full size containers of hand sanitizer do you have in your car Don? And what the heck kinda of nastiness are you involved in that requires you to keep so much readily available, in each door? Are you so germ -a - phobic that you will not even pass the container between front seat passengers for fear of contamination? Inquiring minds want to know......
lol, I keep two FULL size in the two front doors, a pocket size in the center console. :eek:k3:

I'm a little germaphobic, but more because I like to know my hands are clean touching around the car. :)

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Here's mine in Piano Black. I have a gray interior, though. :beer:
That looks really nice with the black, but yeah, a dash kit looks nice too- I saw online they have vinyls that will just stick to them- I thought about the Carbon Fiber ones but.... meh... lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts