Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done it? Seen a post and got me interested in doing it for my 2012 that I have. I think it is Buick Lucerne that has the woodgrain on the steering wheel, would like to know what years would work or if there is other models that might also have the upgraded steering wheel like the picture
Speedometer Car Motor vehicle Steering part Odometer

·
Registered
2009 Impala SS
1,508 Posts
2008 Buick Enclave Possibly 2009-2012

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
No look at my photo and look at what the Enclave has as a steering wheel. The one I am looking for is out of a car not the SUV/Truck version of the wood grain wheel.

I owned a 2012 Impala LTZ with the leather, heated steering wheel - it was perfect. The leather felt fine, the diameter of the rim was perfect, and the heated feature worked well (I live in the Midwest with cold winters).

I bough a new 2014 Impala 2LTZ (new model) that had a heated steering wheel similar to the one you posted. The top portion (10 - 2 o’clock) was the wood grain. Although the wheel was heated, this portion of the wheel was not. In the winter, the top portion was cold and hard to the touch. In the summer, the top portion would get very hot in the sun and be almost too hot to touch when you entered the car and began to drive.

For 2015, Chevrolet eliminated the “new” wood grain wheel on the Impala LTZ (new model). It was a dumb design that was not comfortable to drive in extreme heat or cold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts