Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before i did anything i disconnect battery, ( negative first then power), then i proceeded to replace water pump. Put everything back and when i put the battery back i put positive first then negative. After filling with coolant i went to start it and it wont start. Key gets stuck in ignition and door locks wont work, windows, brake lights, windshield wipers and dome lights wont work. Theft light doesn’t blink. I left battery off for about two days before i ended up putting it back on.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sounds like a dead battery. Check the connections for tightness and make sure that they are clean.
What is your battery voltage?

Pat

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever find a fix
before i did anything i disconnect battery, ( negative first then power), then i proceeded to replace water pump. Put everything back and when i put the battery back i put positive first then negative. After filling with coolant i went to start it and it wont start. Key gets stuck in ignition and door locks wont work, windows, brake lights, windshield wipers and dome lights wont work. Theft light doesn’t blink. I left battery off for about two days before i ended up putting it back on.
Did you ever find a fix? Im having the exact same issue. Brand new battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts