Impala Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when im driving on streets that i know are very smooth, or even brand new, the ride feels bumpy or wobbly. the first time i test drove the car i kinda ran over a curb, and im thinking maybe i fkd something up? im really not sure, my friend who has ridden in the car a bunch of times says he doesnt really feel it, but I do and it pisses me off. anyone know what this could possibly be? also i got a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty, im not familiar with warranties at all. should this be covered?

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha I have very limited mechanical knowledge. the best way i can describe it is that it feels like im driving on a shitty street when im actually driving on a new one. and when i hit that curb, it was with the rear pass tire which is where it SEEMS to be coming from, cant tell for sure tho.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
lol...please tell me this isnt in the SS you just bought?

Actually if it is thats probablly better... warranty? Bring it back and ask them why its riding like shit.

Sorry Tricia

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Sounds like a simple tire balance issue.... the whole curb deal may have knocked off a weight - wieghts on your rims, if installed properly by somebody who cares, are on the back side of the rim. I am guessing a balancing will fix.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes its the SS i just bought, and yes I have a two year warranty, from the honda dealership...
TSS, I'll look into that thanks

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Specific Conditions Can Affect the Vehicle in terms of Vibration
  • Flat Spots on tires - Tires which have sat and been cool for a time can develop flat spots.
  • Irregular wear on tire treads - Tires which have sat and been cool for a time will be stiffer and any irregular wear conditions will be more noticeable than they will be once the tires have warmed and softened.
  • Exhaust system growth - Exhaust systems may exhibit a ground-out condition when cool which goes away once the system hot. The opposite may be true that the exhaust system is fine when cool but a ground-out condition occurs once the system reaches operating temperatures. Exhaust systems can grow by 21/2-5 cm (1-2 in) when hot.
  • Engine driven accessory noises - These include drive belts, loose mounting brackets, pulleys, fluid levels, and fluid types. Concerns may occur only when the vehicle is hot or cold
  • Vehicle payload - The concern may only occur when the customer has a heavy payload or is towing a trailer.
  • Roadway selection - The selection of roadways used to perform the vibration duplication procedures is likely to be in the near vicinity of the dealership and may not provide a road surface that is close enough to the surface on which the customer usually drives the vehicle. The customer may only experience the vibration on a particular roadway. Perhaps the roadway is overly crowned or is very bumpy or rough.

These are some places to start regarding the vibration. I would recommend contacting the dealership for more assistance as well as more warranty information. I can also look into this further with the VIN of the vehicle. You can contact me either here on the thread or via private message. Please feel free to keep me informed with any further developments regarding the fix. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Trish, but theres no noise at all, just a feeling. I notice it often when I'm approaching a stop sign or red light. I almost sort of bounce in the seat a couple times. its not consistent though, kinda on n off.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
So you notice it when you brake?

On a 75,000 mile car, I would expect the rotors need to be replaced... even if they were replaced at 30, 40 or 50,000 miles... it could be time for a another set.

Like I said, its going to be hard to pinpoint without more detailed info, which I know is hard to provide. Try to list out scenarios when you feel it the most.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts