Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wish that GM build the sam Chevy Caprice Classic with the same body from 75-76?
Plus, with the technology they have today to build a better engine that is efficent that is better than the 440cubic inches gas guzzling engine from those days. They can make the same lenght which was when they were long and width when they were wide, the body like it was back in 75-76. And the reason why i'm saying this about the this type of Caprice because i sure miss that Caprice body style. i also wish they bring the boxy Caprice back from the 80's, especially the way Chevy messed them up with the oval body and today's Caprice

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sometimes i wish i could take a time machine back to1977
so i could order a caprice straight from the factory and then bring it back with me to 2008. the worst thing about it is how many of these classics get destroyed in demolition derbys all over the country.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
wish that GM build the sam Chevy Caprice Classic with the same body from 75-76?
Plus, with the technology they have today to build a better engine that is efficent that is better than the 440cubic inches gas guzzling engine from those days. They can make the same lenght which was when they were long and width when they were wide, the body like it was back in 75-76. And the reason why i'm saying this about the this type of Caprice because i sure miss that Caprice body style. i also wish they bring the boxy Caprice back from the 80's, especially the way Chevy messed them up with the oval body and today's Caprice

Be a little more careful in choice of words....if you look around on this forum you will see that the majority own "the oval body" also there is no Caprice of TODAY, it ended production almost 13 years ago. While I like the old square body style my family grew up with, they lacked a good balance of power/performance and comfort. The car of the mid 90's was a good balance but interior was weak and the production was killed far too soon by the promise of S.U.V's. The car of today lacks character/aesthetics and a rwd platform:cool: none the less each has its own good side.

Whats far more important anyhow is the fact that no matter what was or is here, it wears the same bow tie.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
While I like the old square body style my family grew up with, they lacked a good balance of power/performance and comfort.

Angel, I agree that the power was not what they should have been but steering and body response was very good exspecially if it had the rear sway bar on it. I would love to install an LT1 or better yet an LS9 engine with corrosponding transmission it my well aged Impala. :biggrin:THEN I WOULD HAVE GREAT PERFORMANCE POWER!:biggrin:

On comfort my wife and I have always enjoyed the roominess of our car. Though it does need window tint being here in Texas hot summers. What was uncomfortable to you about these "boxy" series of cars?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
You do know GM is still making the caprice right? Its over in the middle east. check it out.... www.gmme.com
dammit wiz, you beat me to it!

Sorry guys, a car made for those in the land of terrorism is not even considered. No sense considering it since we will never see it. That's why I said what I said. As far as my comment on the square body, I said it lacked a good "balance" not that it simply lacked :)

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
sometimes i wish i could take a time machine back to1977
so i could order a caprice straight from the factory and then bring it back with me to 2008. the worst thing about it is how many of these classics get destroyed in demolition derbys all over the country.
Mine is not factory fresh but I like it, and I did not have to wait for the development of the time machine.:cool:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I'll go back to '67 thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts