Impala Forums banner

Wiring?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DavidLMorris 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I read up a while back, while looking into powered/heated seats for my 02, that the 7th gen Impalas only had one wiring harness across all trim packages.
That being said has anyone had any experiences with wiring in factory options that may not be installed in the car as they sit ?

I know that the connectors for the seat power are under the carpet (thus you could "plug and play" heated or powered seats by sourcing a pair and cutting the carpet to pull the power wires out from underneath)
If thats the case (and from what Ive seen that IS the case) does every model have the wiring installed for the fog lights? I found two small connectors wrapped in tape under the front bumper where IMO they would have wrapped up fog lamp wiring if it was not going to be used. Has anyone ran into this? I was wondering (but have not had time to trace it out or "ring" the wiring with a meter) if that was the case would the factory headlamp/fog switch be able to be used to replace the "non fog" switch and power up those connectors under the bumper. (thus giving you a factory look fog button inside and wiring which could be used outside for either factory fogs or aftermarket fogs.)
any info would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Here's a drawing I found for the fog lights on a 2002 Impala. I'd start with the underhood fuse block and see if the relay is there. You may need to tear into it. Some of the relays are buried inside.

I'm not sure where the fog light switch was positioned on the dash. But, if you know, you might inspect in that area to see if the wiring is there. Similarly, inspect behind the air dam to see if the wires are present there.

For sure, I've seen a few unused connectors under the hood. I always assumed they were for test hookup. But maybe there's one for fog lights, too.

HTH.

Doug

Attachments

#3 ·
I can turn on my headlights and all is good. a bit later one of them cuts off. turn the lights off and turn them back on and they both work. a bit later the same on cuts off again. it the 2013 crz 6 speed all options except navigation. what is wrong with this thing?

#4 ·
Better to ask someone who knows in this area. I do not know much, so only from what I have heard and from my own experience. Better to find a professional in this, I wouldn't hire someone who doesn't know much. Electricity is an important and dangerous thing for life. This is one of the reasons why I always need an electrician, I only contact companies, because they provide more quality services and a guarantee of performing these services. I only ask the best electricians. By the way, good company, I like the way it works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.