Impala Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have a 2010 Chevy Impala LS with Wiper Issues. Put a new wiper motor, fuse and switch in, but won't run on high speed and does not shut off correctly. Stumped. I believe the relay on this year Impala is not accessible. Not sure what to due next. Mechanics in My area shy away from electrical issues, and Our main Chevy dealership in town wants a fortune to check it, let alone fix it. Would appreciate any feedback . Thanks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Before you pull-out hair on this, ... spray the whole shebang.
CRC (SAFE) Electronic Parts and Contacts Cleaner.
Move switches, undo quik-clips, unplug wiper plug-in.
Spray.
While you have any multi-pin connection separated, ... eyeball it for integrity.
But, ... since you say you had it all 'cept high speed. This might be a case of something a douche will do the trick on.

Reactions: sidemouse

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before you pull-out hair on this, ... spray the whole shebang.
CRC (SAFE) Electronic Parts and Contacts Cleaner.
Move switches, undo quik-clips, unplug wiper plug-in.
Spray.
While you have any multi-pin connection separated, ... eyeball it for integrity.
But, ... since you say you had it all 'cept high speed. This might be a case of something a douche will do the trick on.
Thanks for Your advice

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not sure where you bought your motor but I recently had problems with my 2013 GMC Sierra and had purchased one from Autozone which malfunctioned right out the box, and they wouldn't take it back... Fortunately my issue ended up being the linkage itself had seized so I was able to reinstall the old motor however, this issue with brand new parts coming defective from the factory is becoming more and more widespread.
There may be some videos detailing how you can "test" your motor as far as the speeds go, perhaps with 12v leads.
When you state it does not shut off correctly, are the wipers parking in the wrong spot?
If so you may have to "realign" them, however that doesn't always fix it either.
You may want to try a different motor, one from another manufacturer.

Real pita these repairs anymore, it's really discouraging to me, hard as all heck to fix anything, then the brand new parts don't work like they should...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure where you bought your motor but I recently had problems with my 2013 GMC Sierra and had purchased one from Autozone which malfunctioned right out the box, and they wouldn't take it back... Fortunately my issue ended up being the linkage itself had seized so I was able to reinstall the old motor however, this issue with brand new parts coming defective from the factory is becoming more and more widespread.
There may be some videos detailing how you can "test" your motor as far as the speeds go, perhaps with 12v leads.
When you state it does not shut off correctly, are the wipers parking in the wrong spot?
If so you may have to "realign" them, however that doesn't always fix it either.
You may want to try a different motor, one from another manufacturer.

Real pita these repairs anymore, it's really discouraging to me, hard as all heck to fix anything, then the brand new parts don't work like they should...
Thanks for the reply. I completely agree with You. If You own a vehicle past 7-8 years old, it's getting hard to get reliable parts, if You can get them at all. I switched out the fuse box under the hood, and it seems to have worked. Everything working right, except wipers will not function on high speed. But that's okay, I never use them anyway's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts