Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guy's,

I have a 03 Impala Ls and my windshield washer isn't squirting any washer fluid:dunno:, I have plenty of washer fluid in my reservoir and my wiper's work great, What should i check or replace first:gaah:....Any idea's?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Do you here the washer pump running? Is it cold, below freezing, where you live? If so maybe the fluid is frozen in the bottle or in the lines.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Bart77 and thank's for responding, I don't hear the washer pump running and the weather is around 34 to 40 degree's, It's cold but not really below freezing:dizzy:....Winter just started and i live in the north east... "Maryland".

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
is there power to the pump, the pump ground wire making a good ground?
Pull the hose off the pump and try it.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
A simple check is to pull the wires off of the pump motor (located on the side of your tank, near the bottom), locate the power wire (likely only 2 wires in the connector anyways) and check it for 12V while the washer button is depressed. Then check the ground wiring for continuity and low resistance (near zero). If these both come back good then your pump is gone. If they don't, its farther down the line.

Before all of this pull the line off the pump and try running it. If it empties onto the ground then the problem is a collapsed or plugged hose to the wipers, if it doesn't, follow the first bit of advice I posted.

·
Super Moderator
10,792 Posts
Mine lasted 30 years , it just quit a month ago , no pump noise , just haven't had time to check it out , so busy being retired :gaah::gaah:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Before all of this pull the line off the pump and try running it. If it empties onto the ground then the problem is a collapsed or plugged hose to the wipers, if it doesn't, follow the first bit of advice I posted.
If he doesn't hear the pump running why even pull the hose to test? Most likely it is either a bad pump, wiring, or multifunction switch.

To OP: Grab another person for help. Pull the plug on the pump and grab a volt meter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts