Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that most of my windows have these long vertical streaks that come off if i rub them, now i want to get tint and i want to know what this is caused by, what is needed to fix it, cost if possible and any neg effects on tint... thank you.

It is on the inside of the window

·
Registered
657 Posts
its the felt like material on the inside of the window channel collecting dirt and debris. the only real way to fix it, that i know of, is to get it replaced. and yes my tint has some vertical scratches in it due to the same scenario.

·
Registered
657 Posts
it all depends on how bad yours are. its really a case by case situation. you could try to clean it out somehow. find something to wedge in there between the glass and the rubber/felt and then clean the felt surface off as much as possible.

·
Banned
91 Posts
i have noticed that my car has the same issue, i had been trying to figure out where mine was coming from but i couldn't. its strange, it was like it rained on the inside on my car and the water ran from top to bottom. wonder if i have the same problem?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it happened on most cars ive been in ,just about any car with power windows will probably get it ( at least 5 different makes that i know do)

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have noticed that ever since i had my windows tinted and i turn the defrost on my radio would go out(you would only hear static) and as soon as i would turn it off it would go back to normal. Has anyone had problem before?

·
Registered
9 Posts
all you have to do is get a can of compressed air that you would use to clean computer keyboards and such, and roll your windows down and blow off the 2 pieces that touch the window. then get a dry cloth (i use these micro fiber cloths from auto zone) and wipe them off. if you do this every 2-3 months the streaks will go away. if you start hearing a scratching sound when you put your windows up and down, you need to clean them quick cause you probably have a tiny rock or sand fragment stuck in there and that will cause major damage to tint and your windows.

·
Registered
375 Posts
i have noticed that ever since i had my windows tinted and i turn the defrost on my radio would go out(you would only hear static) and as soon as i would turn it off it would go back to normal. Has anyone had problem before?
Have you checked the connectors on the rear windshield? Make sure they are plugged in snug. They can work themselves loose over time and cause bad reception.

Transferring power through for both radio and defrost may be too much for a loose connection to transfer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you checked the connectors on the rear windshield? Make sure they are plugged in snug. They can work themselves loose over time and cause bad reception.

Transferring power through for both radio and defrost may be too much for a loose connection to transfer.
they seem to be broken or at least one of them.. could they be replaced? if so i would like to replace both of them, is it easy to install?

·
Registered
375 Posts
they seem to be broken or at least one of them.. could they be replaced? if so i would like to replace both of them, is it easy to install?
Sorry, never had to change mine out. You could search around NAIOA if nobody offers more info here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts