Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow impala members,

Let me start off by saying that this is the first time I am going to have my windows tinted so I am both excited and cautious at the moment. I've been asking around local tint shops about what kind of tints/films (no idea how to differentiate between the two, sorry) they carried and price estimates, and have been given several options.

Now, because I am new at this, my only knowledge about window tints comes from online research.*
What I have been offered:

Madico Charcool $250 4 doors
3M Fx Premium $200 4 doors (also offered crystalline, but did not give me a price)
Solar Gard Galaxie $300 4 doors + back windshield
Llumar ATC $275 4 doors
Llumar CTX $395 4 doors

My #1 priority in looking for a tint is fading over time. I intend to keep my car long term so I am looking for a film that will not fade. I have read online that carbon and ceramic films do not fade, but dye films do. I guess I am unsure as to whether any of the films mentioned above are dye or carbon/ceramic.

If anyone can share any thoughts on the offers or one what kind of films they have used, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :D

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
**update**

Thanks all for the replies, it's all been very useful information.

Update: i asked the 3m fx premium guy if he carried color stable, and turns out he does! The only problem is that he said he doesn't like it because it's annoying to work with and install. This is why he pushed fx premium so much because he said its easier to install and work with.
Sounds kind of odd to me for someone to say that to me, should this be a concerning factor?

Thanks!

PS: I scratched out Charcool, he works from his house which doesn't really sit well with me. And im trying to get some more info on Solar Gar Galaxie

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the level of tint depends on what you're looking for. are you looking for something darker than factory but enough that the cops would leave you alone (idk how your police treat tint in your area), or are you looking to make it difficult to see in the car.
I'm primarily looking for something that's as dark as 35% allows. I've narrowed it down to either

Solar Gard Galaxie vs. Llumar ATC vs. Llumar CTX

Honestly at this point, I'm looking to see which one the 3 lasts longer (about 8 years is my target in the chicagoland area) and which one has a more black look to it (since everything else such as warranty and shop rep has checked out).
I know both llumar films are charcoal and the galaxie film is lack, but is there really a noticeable difference? I just would rather have a black look then a dark Grey look

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.