Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
atleast 3 of my windows rattle or w/e ... make noise while driving, is there any way of fixing this (generrally when they are partially open)?

·
Banned
91 Posts
I have about the same problem, only mine don't rattle they almost like creak when they are down. About three of mine do it as well, so any help would be greatly appreciated! It is starting to drive me nuts!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Never heard of this problem in the W-bodys. Best I can recommend is to pull an interior door panel and see if anything is loose/has too much play.

·
Banned
351 Posts
yes I would pull the door panels and maybe invest in new/tighter window seals... You may even be able to adjust the stock ones, but do not make them too tight because they can cause scratches if dirt gets trapped.

Does the rattle occur even at low speeds?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I had this problem on my drivers side window. There is a gasket like molding that the window goes in between when you roll it up and down. Well my window popped out of the crease of the molding when I got pissed and slammed the door. I took the inner door panel off and used a small screwdriver to hold the gasket open and then powered the window up at the same time and it went back together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts