Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to clean the dead bugs off of this???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Does anyone know how to clean the dead bugs off of this???
I'd start with soap and water (ie, car shampoo), a rag, and some elbow grease. Then get a bottle of bug and tar remover.

After that, it starts getting risky...that you might scratch it with a brush, or mar it with a hot solvent such as ethanol. Usually, if you keep working the bug and tar remover, the stuff will eventually come off.

Doug

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
He is talking about a thin net made of some kind of cloth for the sunroof. Do not scrub too hard or you may tear it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is talking about a thin net made of some kind of cloth for the sunroof. Do not scrub too hard or you may tear it.

Yes that net it’s got a lot of bugs in it!!! Is there a drain up there if I do scrub with water??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mine needs to be cleaned as well. I was thinking of some water in a spray bottle to soften the bug carcasses and using compressed air from inside the car to try and blow them back out of the screen.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I like the option water them down a bit, wait then soft brush and then compressed air.

To me sunroofs aren't worth it. I had one in my 96 Park Ave Ultra and it had a plastic defector. I hardly used it & Phx isn't that buggy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts