130 lb valvesprings
Double roller
HV3
ZZP trans with 1" chain 3.29s
GMR diff
Grand Am front brakes
MT ET Drag 26-10.0-15s
Lots and lots of tuning

went on to run a 10.24, drove it to the track, and back ;)

just thought I'd share

·
Registered
358 Posts
ya fwd sucks even though the 04-05ss impalas are faster in the 1/4 mile than 94-96ss impalas stock.and the icing on the cake is its only a 6 cylinder wich makes it a celebrity right. o and any doubts just check wikipedia. damn my celebrity is fast.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i agree on the Nova aspect, even thoughin Spanish it means No Go, which suits the 80's model, but the Imp was orig a large family sedan, so how does the Wimpala not maintain the heritage. The FWD/RWD aspect is just an evolutionary aspect, don get me wrong, I wish they would come out w/ a RWD Imp again, but like 05SS said, tock for stock, the new ones are quicker, on les cyl :wink:

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
but the Imp was orig a large family sedan, so how does the Wimpala not maintain the heritage.
It is hard for me to fathom that the newer Impalas have as much interior room as the 5th and 6th generation Impalas, they are just to small to me. They seem to have a little more room than the Hondas, but are not what I would call comfortable for an adult back seat rider for a long vacation. When my family and inlaws want to go for a long trip we take my Impala for every one can ride very comfortably in it and don't feel that their knees need to be by their ears.:cool: Most of todays cars are to small in the back seat leg room.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
large compared to GA;s, most hondas, etc...maybe full sized would be a better word ;)
I'm 6'2" and can get in and out of the back seat comfortably ( when there is one ) as long as the driver is under 6'

·
Registered
358 Posts
ya as far as the back seat room ill have 2 say ive rolled around back their a few times with a few girls and never had any type of complaints. and pass leg room on the 94-96 in the back is 39.5 and the 00-05 leg room in the back is 38.4, so when the inlaws come over to go on a road trip were goin 2 take my impala o wait i mean my celebrity.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Well I have to say there is more room than I thought in the newer Impalas. I am 5 foot 6 and I don't like riding in the back of a 94 Honda or 94 Plymouth, not enough leg room for me.

·
Registered
358 Posts
ya that is so true im about 5 foot 7 and my wife had a 94 honda accord and man that car did not have much room. thank the lord her 2nd car was a chevy 4 door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts