Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Aftermarket manufacturers are pretty keen with parts interchangeability, so if it dosen't say '07 impala wouldn't count on it. If they have a return policy though, you could try it and post results....

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
I would think the biggest problem would be the crossover and downpipe fitment....I think the easiest way to check without buying it would be to check the gm part numbers for the stock setups on both cars, if they used the same parts on both, then it stands to reason that the aftermarket one will work..all else fails, if you don't care that much, you can buy it and build custom crossover and downpipe, or have it made..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would think the biggest problem would be the crossover and downpipe fitment....I think the easiest way to check without buying it would be to check the gm part numbers for the stock setups on both cars, if they used the same parts on both, then it stands to reason that the aftermarket one will work..all else fails, if you don't care that much, you can buy it and build custom crossover and downpipe, or have it made..
Oh wow, I totally didnt think about the part number check, times like this it pays off to work at a Chevy dealership, I'll check right now. Thanks Impy. :eek:k3:

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
haha, no problem man! Don't forget to let everyone know if it works out! I'm sure lots of others would love to hear it!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, have to find headers for an '06 or later W-Body 3.5 V6 Chevy. :bang:

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
you might be better off looking for Pontiac based stuff, they were the "performance" marque, they probably should have more of an aftermarket following..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder if heads for a 3400 v6 06 grand am would fit? Since the 3.5 is pretty much the same thing.

·
Registered
913 Posts
For the kind of money you're going to spend, you can easily sell your car and get an SS that will still be faster. I say that cause I've seen a 3.5L with a tune and a 100shot at the track barely cut a 14.4 with a 2.0 60'.

Don't take it the wrong way.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Buying an SS is just not in the cards, if it was I would have done it already. I have to make do with what I got.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
^Well, if it's base price your talking, save your money and get the SS when your card is drawn. Till then, don't put more $ into that car. That's my vote.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yea let me know if they will fit I have a 08 lt model 3.5l looking for heads also so I can add to my weapon r intake system, with the cat back magnaflow exhaust, along with the vp12 volo chip found on ebay.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yea let me know if they will fit I have a 08 lt model 3.5l looking for heads also so I can add to my weapon r intake system, with the cat back magnaflow exhaust, along with the vp12 volo chip found on ebay.
"Chips" for the 3.5 are a scam they don't really do anything just a heads up

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks I never really decided on it anyway so for those headers what kind of custom header size will I need to run to my exhaust and do I keep my cat converter or lose it? I have 3.5l impala I would trade it in but I got a good deal on it at the time and I won't receive enough back on trade in value do to miles and year especially with the new 2013 etc impalas out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts