Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Impala LS and can't afford the $1000 dual exhaust system made by Corsa. So I've been wondering for some time if the aftermarket dual exhaust system for an Impala SS would work. They have the same engine (SS has a Supercharger) and the same body. Please answer with greatest detail with what I would have to do to make it work or why it wouldn't. Thank for your time, answers are appretiated.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you're talking about the GMPP cat-back dual exhaust (Part number 12498617), then yes, it will work with out a problem. The only other thing you will need is the set of hangers for the second muffler and piping. The GM part number is 12498653. If you're looking at another aftermarket exhaust system, keep in mind that you will not want to get exhaust tubing bigger than 2.5 inches, otherwise you will lose a great deal of low-end torque. I'd also suggest getting a new downpipe from ZZP (http://www.zzperformance.com) with a high-flow cat and an O2 simulator for maximum performance. Just go in under the Grand Prix section, since the exhaust parts are interchangable between W-Body sedans.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
LS exhaust is 2.25 IIRC, so after the cat you'll need a reducer.
you would prob better off going to a mom & pop shop and having them fab a dual setup for you. My single (3" all mandrel bends) ran $300 + muffler from the header back, and that included installing the rear O2 bung (~$10-15). It would've been another $50-100 to make it a dual.
Are you looking for sound or performance? If you are just looking for the look, check a local junk yard for a SS/ GP GTP and have them cut it @ the "y"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts