Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It depends on how long the race is. The charger has a higher horsepower rating, but the Impala will get off the line faster. I also dont know what the governor for each is set at.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Just out of curiosity,
wher edo you find the drag coefficient?
is there a forumla that will estimate the top speed if veh. weight/cD/hp is known?

I know alt. and a few other factors play in as well... just looking for a roung estimate ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also think it would be a close race because the charger has a curb weight of 4131 to the impala ss weight of 3711. (420lbs. difference )

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
New rear window sticker: "Yup, it's got hemispherical heads." ???

I wish people would get more realistic ... a "HEMI" simply has "HEMIspherical" heads, which allowed the designer to place the spark plug in the top of the dome. Yeah, the heads work well, but are they the "ultimate" in head design? I don't think the case is closed on that issue yet, not by a long shot.

"HEMI" : Hardly Enough Motor Inside? (the "sheep people" don't much care for that question.)
Thankfully im not around sheep that much....as thats the first time I come across this and its funny! As for the rest of you.... if your really THAT curious about this topic...go find out for real. Just make sure your at a track:)

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
first i wouldnt race the 08 imp vs the 08 charger ( moslty cus i dont like fwd )
lets try the 95 or 96 and the 69 charger r/t w the hemi ( love the 69's, milestone in charger looks ):biggrin::cool:

·
Registered
197 Posts
IIRc the 5.3L V8 FWD platforms are capable of high 13s stock if manually shifted. A 5.7L Hemi charger is a low 14 sec car stock. Could be a driver's race. IIRC the supercharged 3.8L SS aren't that fast stock, and neither is a 94-96 SS.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
IIRc the 5.3L V8 FWD platforms are capable of high 13s stock if manually shifted. A 5.7L Hemi charger is a low 14 sec car stock. Could be a driver's race. IIRC the supercharged 3.8L SS aren't that fast stock, and neither is a 94-96 SS.
The L67 cars are about a mid 14, the L32 cars about low 14....w/ a stock pulley (3.8), but you can drop to a 3.4/3.5 and youre in high 13 range ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
nah it was a v8 and he just got his a** handed to him matter in fact he pulled me over to ask me what i had in my car i just told him it was stock hehehe:wink:

then clearly the guy doesn't know how to drive. A 9c1 2000 FWD impala isn't even a low 15 second car last time I checked.. Unless you've got a serious power adder on it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts