Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or if anyboby knows where I can find a list of compatible engines for my impala. thanks

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
As far as bolt-in ?....anything before the newer LSx stuff will drop right in..265,283,302,305,307,327,350,366,396,427,454,502.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or if anyboby knows where I can find a list of compatible engines for my impala. thanks
Before you decide what you want to put in it, figure out what you are aiming to accomplish. What do you plan to do with the car? Race? Show? Driver?

People have stuffed about everything you can imagine into the older impalas so the possibilities are endless.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you're going for lots of top end go for a smal block (350 for ease, if you can find a 327 DO IT!!!! Stay clear of 302, 305, 307) But in answer to your question, yes that combination will be compatable. You may need to fab up an adaptor to your trans x-member depending on what you had in it originally (powerglide, xmember will bolt up to a thm350 and it's variants) but if I'm not mistaken, you need to modify your xmember to accomodate a thm400

1 - 5 of 5 Posts