Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New body style 3.6l

This morning before meeting a friend the wife went to the dealer quick lube. Said as soon as she pulled out onto the road it ran poorly and had a CEL. She was running late and just met her friend because it was only like a mile maybe a little more. This afternoon she gets back to her car, CEL is still on running bad I told her go straight to the dealer and I can come get her and get the kids from school. The lower the mileage on the car since the oil change the less argument they have for denying it was their fault.

Car has 50K ish on it we have had it 14months, other than garbage stock headlights and a one off "AC not working" complaint from the wife it has been troublefree. I think the AC not working was she accidentally turned it off because since July it has been fine.

Any ideas what they might find? I know nothing about the direct injected motors or the V6s in general.

Just got a text they took it straight in to service so apparently they are taking it seriously.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Interesting. Let us know what you find out. Don't remember if the O2 sensor is in the same area as the oil filter or not. I know it's tight getting a grip on the filter and spinning it off. Right up close to the exhaust header. Could be they pulled the wire out, or broke it possibly???

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They told her MAF was disconnected, don't know if that meant unplugged from wiring or car was getting unmetered air, I would have thought if disconnected electrically it would have thrown a CEL at startup.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Sounds like when they went to check the Air Filter which they usually do when changing the oil filter the tech probably didn't reassemble it properly.

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. Just surprised a disconnected MAF didn't code sooner.

·
Registered
72 Posts
They can be a finicky sack... I unplugged mine to pull out my airbox when I did my lights and when I reconnected the harness it clicked like a weatherpack should... but still threw fits when I started it. I turned the key on with it disconnected and when I fired it up it was connected and still tossed codes and acted as if the maf was not hooked up. I literally cleared the codes and it was fine again... didnt touch a thing as I knew it was hooked up... it's like this car is slow on the uptake... matches taking it 15 miles to recognize the fact it had different rims and tpms sensors on it... It kept reading the old sensor values and no warning light for a solid 15 mile drive and multiple key cycles before it popped up the warning and I could make it take a relearn... it's special lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts