Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. So now for the rims! I'm gonna be putting 18 inch rims on the back and maybe 17 on the front. But I want wide tires that stick out maybe a qr inch to a half inch from the fender. I was thinking like a 18x8 would that be to wide of a wheel for my 7th gen

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
You will need to roll you wheel arch lips

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
lol i'm guessing he wants the lowrider type look with his rims, sticking out about an inch, you would probably have to raise it a tad, in order for the rims to clear the fender and stick out like you'd like

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Order whatever wheels you want. If they are not wide enough order wheel spacers. If your tires and wheels stick out past the fender you will have to roll the fenders to keep from cutting your tires when you hit a bump or turn too Sharp.

Reactions: ImpalaCrawla

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
I have 8.5 wide wheels and they don't stick out at ALL maybe 9 or 9.5 would do the trick. This guy says he has 10 rear 8.5 front:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Basically I just want a wider stance no lowrider look lol. I'm pretty sure some spacers would do exactly what I want. Thanks

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
My 18s are either 8s or 8.5s and are flush with the top of the fender lip.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Wide wheels on the rear of a FWD car? Hmm doesn't make sense but, I guess if your going for the look. What ever floats your boat. Either way I would go with spacers that way it's reversible w/o a huge loss in money.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Let me know how the spacers work out, I was thinking of getting some for my 7 in wide wheels.

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Make sure you run hub centric spacers! If you don't, you will get vibrations. Also, be careful how big of a spacer you run. With too big of a spacer, you will break off your lugs due to the extra leverage of having your wheels sit on the outside of the lug.

(1,000th post)

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
How big would you recomend? I dont wannt break anymore studs.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts