Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
other huge American cars? Like, puttin 24-30inch rims on a car, put t.v's, navigation system, large chrome grills, loudest speakers, raised or lowered suspension, and everything else. I like those things myself and i know others do 2. But, u have people out there that calls it stupid or crazy in a bad way, saying things like "that's not a real car" or "why would someone spend money on that to put on a car". People, c'mon, if people want 2 put big rims on their cars let them go ahead. people don't say anything if a rich person spends about $400,000-1,000,000 on a Benz or a Mclaren fully equiped, that's a lot more than a person puttin just $10,000-25,000 or 30,000 into a car and makin it way better than a Benz,BMW,. So, why disrespct them 4 doin that?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I agree..if they don't like it, then please shut the fuck up. We fear what we don't understand. True for everything, cars, foreigners, math, smarter women than us.......its is easier for people to despise and tear down, than to accept and build up.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess it is for the same reason that some people buy a perfectly beautiful ranch home, and add to it, turn it into a mini mansion, and supposedly destroy the look of the neighborhood with a bloated, overbuilt house. Purists abound, yet to each his own. Have a healthy and happy new year!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all that stuff is useless and makes the car unsafe.
i would buy engines transmissons axles and suspension and brakes remember youre working w/25 years old cars
H O T R O D
i get mad for people destroying these things in demo derbys
and would much rather see them get lifted on big rims and stuffed full of electronics then get sent to the boneyard any day

·
Registered
17 Posts
i mostly just want people to stop misusing the term "DONK"

you cant "donk" something. it either is a donk, or it isnt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Purists hate it when the car ceases to be the focus of the project and instead simply becomes the platform to display big wheels and a loud stereo. Wheels and stereo should be accents to the whole car, not the other way 'round.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm....why hate on people that hate on you for having the big wheels? isn't it an opinion?

whoa that was some deep chicken vs. egg stuff right there....

can't we all just get along?:icon_axe:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think "Donks" Look like clown cars and I hear circus music whenever I see one. If someone asks my opinion I state such. If they don't like it I then say, "Why'd you ask then?". I don't hate anyone for there taste (or lack thereof) in cars. As long as they don't break into my garage and "pimp my ride" I could care less.

someone once told me in response to this, "what if they said the same about your car?" My response is "I could care less". I don't own cars to get approval of other beings I own cars for my enjoyment. If I was so shallow I needed that much assurance from others I'd get another dog. Now when I post pictures of my car and I get positive feedback its nice, but it isn't going to ruin my day if someone thinks my car is stupid.

~HJ

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
I think "Donks" Look like clown cars and I hear circus music whenever I see one. If someone asks my opinion I state such. If they don't like it I then say, "Why'd you ask then?". I don't hate anyone for there taste (or lack thereof) in cars. As long as they don't break into my garage and "pimp my ride" I could care less.

someone once told me in response to this, "what if they said the same about your car?" My response is "I could care less". I don't own cars to get approval of other beings I own cars for my enjoyment. If I was so shallow I needed that much assurance from others I'd get another dog. Now when I post pictures of my car and I get positive feedback its nice, but it isn't going to ruin my day if someone thinks my car is stupid.

~HJ

I own a B body or two.....and I was actually thinking, I like your blue truck! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
To each their own, but I think these cars look like fuckin jokes. Hey, by all means do as you please, but the same people who hook their car up this way, tend to be ignorant, loud ass people, who blare their systems, and ride around parking lots with their doors open. LOL not the coolest in my opinion, but who am I?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
I see both sides of the argument.... We all have our opinion and if its on this forum or any other than its fair game. Some people spend more on wheels than the car was ever really worth to begin with. Others spend more for a paint job than a new car while some put more into the drive train to make a ugly or ok looking car go fast.

Our Chevy's were not designed for wheels that are bigger than those on the 18 wheelers...but yet people put them on. To that owner it may be his pimp ride dream:) who knows. But to that owner its ok and he or she is happy with it. My own ride gets mixed reviews simply because I never wanted to join the crowd and put big ass wheels on my car....yet they know exactly why when im fixing there car after it broke a wheel driving over a crack in the road with big ass wheels and skinny tires.

The way I see it....pimp whatever big ass American car you want...id rather see another "donk" Chevy on the road than another coffee can powered import.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree with George, anything is better than seeing another import on the street. I mean people will do to their cars what they want to do, i say if it doesn't effect me, then who cares!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Because some people's taste is all in their mouth.

You want something with 3 ft of clearence & big wheels ...GET A TRUCK ! We won't go into the safety factors of it.

You want to watch TV, SIT IN YOUR LIVING ROOM...

You want a stereo that can break your ear drums....fine...PUT SOME FRIGGIN' HEADPHONES ON and have at it, I don't want to hear your music 2 blocks away., why do you feel the need to impose your lousy taste in music on me and disrupt the peace and quite of my community..it does NOT impress me, it DOES show that you have NO respect for anyone around you and it DOES piss me off. Besides the fact that $2000 in audio equipment in a $1000 car SCREAMs Ghetto !

As much as I like the sound of an uncorked SBC or BBC getting put through the gears, it has its place and time...not on my street with young kids out playing and not at 2 am. !! Kind of the same as the music thing, you have no respect for others.

I LOVE the commercial where 2 guys go up to a thumpin' little ricer and pry the radio out of the dash with a screwdriver while the 2 punks look like they are going to shit their pants.

I feel better now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My take

Not that it's all that new, see my post in off topic about this. Who invented the word "donk", and do they realize they sound retarded every time they use the word. Hey man, that car's so donk? Whoah, nice donk. I've heard that in locker rooms, I think. You can do whatever you want to your car, it's your car, but please stop butchering the language just because you have to make up a word to describe a car that makes up for other ... shortcomings. We already have a word in English for that. The word is compensation.:biggrin:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Its called Polishing up a turd! Haha, no really, if the whole car is done up and really nice I can't say anything but appreciate the hard work that went into it. But if they concentrate more on the rims than the rest of the body then I think its stupid. Like if I see a big ol' 80's caprice with rust spots all over it but it has 20's on it, I'm gonna think that's retarded.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The problem I have with donking a car (what idiot thought that up in the first place?) is that its not what the car is intended to do. These cars aren't designed to be fitted with wagon wheels and home entertainment systems. These cars are built for speed and power and style and class.

It looks too "ricer" to make the car all "ghetto". I hate when people comment on my car that it "looks ghetto" and that its "a black persons car" or that only "drug dealers drive that car".

NO! dude. These cars are among the most popular and noticeable cars in America's history. We don't need that reputation ruined because of a few people. If you wanna put huge wheels and speakers on your vehicle then use something that nobody cares about... like a Taurus:biggrin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Every generation or 2 there is going to be something new that younger people like to do. There is nothing wrong with raising a car up to put the biggest wheels and tires on a car. We old timers went through the same thing with our muscles cars jacked up in the rear with the widest tire we could stuff under them and cherry bomb exhaust. I have see a lot of these Donks as they are called are really nice. The only thing that I don't like is the Safety Factor. I seen one almost flip because it went from 60mph to 0 to make a right hand turn the driver almost didn't make it.

So if you are going to build a car this way and spend major money to paint,put in electronics,wheels and tires then use them for Show cars,and have a DD for everything else.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
I have voiced my opinion as most of you have....but I have settle for the fact that I would rather have a "donked" Chevy on the road than have that Chevy left to rot or to end up in a crusher or demo derby.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i dont get 20 to 24s on a 96 impala ss i mean it jacks it up like 5 to 8 inches if u want to sit up that high buy a damn truck.!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts