Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Car and other huge American cars? Like, puttin 24-30inch rims on a car, put t.v's, navigation system, large chrome grills, loudest speakers, raised or lowered suspension, and everything else. I like those things myself and i know others do 2. But, u have people out there that calls it stupid or crazy in a bad way, saying things like "that's not a real car" or "why would someone spend money on that to put on a car". People, c'mon, if people want 2 put big rims on their cars let them go ahead. people don't say anything if a rich person spends about $100,000-1,000,000 on a Benz or a Mclaren fully equiped, that's a lot more than a person puttin just $10,000-25,000 or 30,000 into a car and makin it way better than a Benz,BMW,. So, why disrespct them 4 doin that? Plus, that customized car that costed less than the Benzes and BMW would cost more, would get a lot more attention than those cars whether u hate it or not.

·
Super Moderator
3,943 Posts
I don't like to see the FUNCTION of a car compromised.

When a group of us were on the Power Tour and we approached one of those big rim jiokes a friend summed it up perfectly when he simply said "this is what is wrong with owning a Caprice". Meaning we get compared to that group.

I don't particularly modify the outside of my car, all my modifications get enjoyed while DRIVING. Can't watch a movie driving, shouldn't be blasting music while driving, big rims hurt handling, stopping, acceleration, and comfort. IMO 18" is the tasteful and handling limit on increased rim diameter.

Cars are meant to be driven.

I have an 11 second NA car that I put 300 miles on YESTERDAY :eek:, no trailer queen, no garage queen. 8 months pregnant wife was even comfortable enough to nap some :cool:.

·
Registered
828 Posts
If you have a passion for it, go for it!

Me - I like 15" wheels, no sound system and a car that has a completely silent exhaust system. Preferably with an LPG or electric engine.

But that's just me.
If you like something, screw what everybody else thinks.

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
I am with Dwayne. If it hurts the performance of the car then it is hurting the car and thus is retarded... literally retarded. That is a musical term that means to slow down. So yes those cars that have been slowed down are RETARDED.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
So is having revived this thread.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Lol. True. /\

1 - 9 of 9 Posts