Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a black '95 Impala SS, which I personally love, I cant exactly explain why, but I think its a beautiful car.

For some reason, the majority of people love it. Various types.. old, young, white, black all say they like it. I've even gotten a few offers to buy the car.

My question(s): Is it just a regional thing (I live in SC)? What is your impression of the car? Why is the car so popular?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think it's not so much a regional thing,even though in the South any year Impala SS or not is an icon. My thoughts on that car that it is one of those cars that transcends all ages,races,sexes,and creeds, You are a lucky person for owning a car like that.the reason that it is popular cause it is a damn nice car,and it had a short production run from 94 to 97

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a police car in a tuxedo and faster , They are smooth, sweet and fast One of the few recent production cars you go 120 MPH and it handles and feels like 50 MPH .

They where made a few years 92-96 I believe .And in low #

Any car show you go to there is a crowd around the stock Impala.

When they quit making the rear wheeled drive caprice in general it was end era.

And You can still get $14000 out of a high mileage nice condition SS. I had a 96 and should have kept it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in Western New York and have the later year 95 Impala SS and it's such a joy to drive around in. Like you said, everyone looks. It's because it is a sweet @$$ ride.

·
Registered
729 Posts
The Impala is a timeless classic of the 20th century. When it was brought back in the 90's, it was an automatic hit, especially the SS version. Even still it's a sought after car, mostly because the most recent Impalas are not RWD, nor was a v8 available until the last generation (still not RWD).

Although in 2010, expect a totally redesigned Impala based on the new Camaro's Zeta platform, which excitedly will be RWD with available v8's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts