Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Thought That It Might Be The Core So I Perchased One And Just Thought Ide Check Before Putting It On, Because The Paperwork That Came With It Said It Was For Cooling System, That Just Seemed A Little Off To Me.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
could be the heater core, but more that likely the doors under the dash the divert the air through the vents which is manual might be not working

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
That little heater core is part of the "cooling system". In the winter it will keep warm, in the summer (or even in the winter) it can help cool down an overheated engine. You said in your other post that there were two hoses coming out of the firewall and just hanging there. These need to be reconnected back to the motor. The heat you would get comes from the engine. Get a Haynes Repair Manual and it will help in getting the heater core reconnected. You may want to perchuse heater hose to make sure you have enough to connect the new heater core. You may find a 5/8 or 3/4 hose that come off the water pump and is going up to your intake manifold. These two points is where the heater core should be attached.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts