Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 4.3liter V8 Chevy Caprice. Sometime the car will start and drive fine with no problems. But most of the time after I have been driving it for 20 mins or so the car will just shut off. The electrical system still works fine so I know its not the battery or alternator. After it dies it takes me about 10 mins to start it again. And then other times before I have even driven it and I come out to start the car it won't start. So far I've had the ignition module, distributor cap, rotor, wires and spark plugs replace. Any ideas?
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sounds like you have a sticking choke, check the carburator an fuel system . make sure your fuel lines aren,t too close to the exhaust, could be vaporizing fuel, called vaporlock. good luck
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top