Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have 2 2003 Impalas, when we get rainstorms they both wind up with several inches of water on floor on the passenger side. Tried to find a recall or repair site to find out how to fix. Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
It may be coming in from below the windshield where the wipers are mounted. There is a place there that if you were to turn the car ignition key to the on position without starting the engine then turn the blower for the heater on high and steped out of the car and listened by the passanger side you would hear where the air would be intering the cabin. It may be that somthing in that area is not allowing the excess water to drain back out as it should. Leaves or other plant debri pluging up the drain holes there would be a very likely cause. I had this happen on my 77 Impala once.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have 2 2003 Impalas, when we get rainstorms they both wind up with several inches of water on floor on the passenger side. Tried to find a recall or repair site to find out how to fix. Any suggestions appreciated.
I hope you have been able to correct this problem....if not, here's how:

there is a rubber seal located at the base of the windshield (on the passenger side) that has come loose (or fallen off) - you can access this seal under the hood by removing the plastic cover at the base of the windshield (also exposing the HVAC filter, that probably needs to be replaced b/c of musty odor by now) & under the wiper blade. The black rubber seal that you expose needs to be placed back in it's original location to force the water in to the visible drain hole.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts