Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Radiator replaced, thermostat replaced, heater core, circulates water, air bled from system, still overheats. Even after I flushed system. Please help if you can.Oh, car has a 4.3L V8.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The right mix of antifreeze?

Have you checked to be sure the AC is clear? That covers a large portion of the radiator does it not? Perhaps it is blocked and not allowing air thru.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Common problem, probably had dexcool (orange antifreeze) in it. The smaller hoses that lead back to the heater core are likely plugged/gummed up. Take your hands and squeez them till they let loose anything blocking them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did you happen to change the t-stat?

If you did ... remember that the LT1 is REVERSE FLOW COOLING.

You need to buy the proper t-stat. or you WILL overheat.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Radiator replaced, thermostat replaced, heater core, circulates water, air bled from system, still overheats. Even after I flushed system. Please help if you can.Oh, car has a 4.3L V8.

I personally use the hypertech 160 degree thermostat anytime I change out a water pump in the LT-1, even without a power programmer it works just fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Woops ... I missed that George ... thanks. Just thought it was worth noting. :smile:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Does it overheat in city driving or even when steady speed on the highway ?
hoss21502,

There are many possibilities. You need to answer the above question so that people can better help you.

One other question: Were all these parts replaced as a part of solving the overheating problem or was there another problem first?

RMC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts