Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...stronger ? who is better performance ? >>> and who is faster ???? and who is less repair ? and what do you think is good ??? chevy caprice or the cadillac fleetwood ????

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Caprice most definatly especially if it has the Police Intercepter motor in it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cadillac is not only built for performance but, also style. Cadillacs are definitely the best of the Chevy and GM industries. Because Cadillac uses all the best parts available for Chevy and GM.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chevy 5.7 lt is better the 350ci is what is put in most hot rods.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Parts for the Chevy Caprice will cost less than the Cadilac. The NAME says it all.

·
Registered
85 Posts
FIREMAN_911 said:
The Caprice most definatly especially if it has the Police Intercepter motor in it.
Nonsense. 9C1 optioned Caprices have no more power than either one of these cars the OP is asking about because it's the same engine, a 260 HP LT1. Now as far as which one would be the better performer, then that would be the Chevy mainly because of the weight difference (read lighter) and assuming it also has a better gear ratio (3.08 or 3.42)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nonsense. 9C1 optioned Caprices have no more power than either one of these cars the OP is asking about because it's the same engine, a 260 HP LT1. Now as far as which one would be the better performer, then that would be the Chevy mainly because of the weight difference (read lighter) and assuming it also has a better gear ratio (3.08 or 3.42)
Roadhouse is correct.
I have owned both and I can tell you that the Fleetwood is 6"longer in the back door so it is heavier by a couple hundred pounds. Both cars share the exact same engine and transmission. The caprice9c1/impala ss have a 3.08 rear gear. A limited slip was optional on the 9c1. The cadillac offered a 2.93 rear with it's towing package and Brougham package, but chose to use electronic traction control through the cars pcm to control slip, with a switch in the glove compartment to turn it off.
Almost every mod that can be done to a caprice 9c1/impala ss b-body, can be done to a fleetwood d-body
I am only talking about the 94-96 cars, but the 93 cars are still similar.
I loved my Fleetwood and you can see it here in this link as my wife struts her stuff.
[ame=http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/IMPALADAKID/?action=view&current=DSCI0010.flv]
[/ame]
[ame=http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/IMPALADAKID/?action=view&current=DSCI0063.flv]
[/ame]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts