Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rear wheel drive with optional AWD? it would be great if you can get all wheel drive with such an awesome car, GM people should consider making rear/all wheel drive on this car

·
Registered
119 Posts
While it might be a nice thought, due to concerns with fuel efficiency it will not happen.

I am hoping they continue to push forward with RWD still.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I am hoping they continue to push forward with RWD still.
Last i heard it got the axe, for now.. that doesnt mean it wont come out @ a later date though. GM seems to be on a 6yr redesign program, Impala 00-05, 06-?? prob thru 11 or 12... I dont see why they dont just sell the Cr8/Caprice over here

and badge it Impala, like they did w/ the Holdens/G8, G8 SUT, GTO

·
Registered
8 Posts
Last i heard it got the axe, for now.. that doesnt mean it wont come out @ a later date though. GM seems to be on a 6yr redesign program, Impala 00-05, 06-?? prob thru 11 or 12... I dont see why they dont just sell the Cr8/Caprice over here and badge it Impala, like they did w/ the Holdens/G8, G8 SUT, GTO
Pretty sad that we would have to travel to Dubai in order to get such body styles. Perhaps if there is enough interest stateside Chevy may bring the 'Caprice Royale' home to starving auto buyers.

Everyone seems to be pushing for the RWD Impala but I don't see much logic behind it. Physics proves the effeciency. Instead let's push for better performance and efficiency from smaller powerplants, more technological applications in ergonomics, body designs that actually look as though trained designers are employed within the company.

Just my maniacle opinion....

p.s. that caprice royal is quite the nasty looking ride...:smile:

PAX - Brian

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Although I like that little red "thing" it looks like a "cobalt meets gto" creation. One has to wonder what the 96 would have looked like with just 2 more years production. How improved the interior would hopefully have been.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Although I like that little red "thing" it looks like a "cobalt meets gto" creation. One has to wonder what the 96 would have looked like with just 2 more years production. How improved the interior would hopefully have been.
I have to agree (again:biggrin:). While the Holden Caprice is a sexy car. Its not very.... Impala. Its more of a sports car sedan.. IMO its what the Cobalt SHOULD be.

The car that I think should be the Impala is the Grange seen here: http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/hsv-grange-review.htm

there are a few other sites that have better pictures. Just search for HSV Grange

1 - 6 of 6 Posts